1st Trimester
Options

sickness and dry heaving

anyone else feeling very nauseous but all you can do is dry heave? I do believe it's the worst feeling ever.

Re: sickness and dry heaving

• Options
    Yes, most of the time. Eventually, some acid manages to make its way out. I think most of my morning sickness is really bad reflux. Gross.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    today was the most miserable I've been during my entire pregnancy. I'm 11 weeks. after a bath I just laid down and cried. this is just horrible
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's all I had for morning sickness... The good news is, for most women it gets better! Hang in there, you can make it through!

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• Options
    thanks. I'm trying to. I know women say the second trimester is always better, I'm just praying I make it in one piece. I feel like my body is falling apart.
  • Options
    I'm sorry to you all. I went through absolutely horrible morning sickness and I know it's so hard, all I could ever do was lay in bed and either feel deathly ill or throw up. I know it doesn't help right now but it does get better! I thought mine would never go away.. But it did and I can function again. I'm 22 weeks. The tip I can give you that might help is that occasionally even now, I'll wake up and dry heave... If I take a really strong antacid at night, it doesn't happen. My morning sickness now is definitely caused by acid reflux. Maybe try antacids! Especially if you're just occasionally throwing up a little stomach acid. It's gross, I know.. But it's worth a try. Good luck and I really hope you start feeling better soon.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My first pregnancy I had no sickness at all.. My second pregnancy I had sickness from 6 weeks-32 weeks... And I hate that it's called morning sickness bc it was on and off all day! I found that ginger ale really helped!! Hope you feel better! I know it's no fun at all.
  • Options
    thanks ladies. my dh brought me some ginger ale last night and it definitely helped, until I drank it all... then it was back to the usual.
  • Options
    The most helpful thing for me was to constantly have something like a mint or candy in my mouth at all times, and frequent, small snacks. Also, seabands help...for me they helped especially in the car.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    @bootsie327 what is a seabands
  • Options
    I have the same problem. I just started Zofran today. I'm my old self again! I cleaned the house after work. First time in weeks, because I've been to sick.
  • Options
    @bootsie327 what is a seabands
    They are acupressure wrist bands that target a pressure point for nausea. Here is a link:
    https://www.sea-band.com/morning-sickness-relief

You can find them in CVS or Walgreens where they have things like Dramamine. Seabands brand also makes a pretty good ginger gum that works well for nausea.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    I'm about 7 weeks. I feel horrible in the morning and at night. Lemon water and crackers help me Problem is that I have no appetite to eat cause I'm so queasy all day
  • Options
    That happened to me once last week as I was leaving for work, and then this morning (though I felt no nausea) right after I got out of bed. Both times I had no food in my stomach so it was nothing but stomach acid :S Other than that, I've had no vomiting, just nausea and lack of appetite.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My first pregnancy I had no sickness at all.. My second pregnancy I had sickness from 6 weeks-32 weeks... And I hate that it's called morning sickness bc it was on and off all day! I found that ginger ale really helped!! Hope you feel better! I know it's no fun at all.
    SAME HERE!!! AHHHH, I just hope mine doesn't last 32 weeks. My family keeps telling me its a boy, because they were all sick the whole pregnancy with boys.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I took an antacid last night and this morning was the best I have felt in 2 weeks.  I also started drinking a Sprite at lunch and have found that helps!  

The hardest part is hiding this at work and pretending to be my normal cheery self.  I am looking forward to the second trimester already!  

• Options
    The hardest part is hiding this at work and pretending to be my normal cheery self.  I am looking forward to the second trimester already!  

RIGHT? I was doing student conferences this week and a few had terrible breath and were too close. I'm normally a positive, warm, encouraging teacher but I was like, "UM, HERE'S YOUR WORK. DO SOME THINGS DIFFERENT. GOTTA GO." Because I was going to vomit on them. 

• Options
    Oh, and one of the graduate assistants has been like, "You seem tired. Are you tired? You've seemed tired for weeks." I finally snapped and was like, "I AM. I AM TIRED." Seriously. WTF am I supposed to say? I can't out myself yet. 

• Options

anyone else feeling very nauseous but all you can do is dry heave? I do believe it's the worst feeling ever.
    Oh, and to answer the OP: I don't really throw up, but I get kind of an all-over gaggy feeling. With a gaggy burp. Sexxxyyyy.

• Options
    I went for my doc appointment and he prescribed this medicine to help with the nausea. it helped , but I've only taken it once. really trying to stay away from pharmaceutical treatments. I am preferringnatur route. :-)
  • Options
    Yes I had the dry heaving part which is horrible! I went to Baby's R Us and bought Preggie Pop Drops (about $5) and eat one as soon as I feel nauseous and they help!
  • Options
    I just recently started feeling better! But I am still taking Unisom/B6 at night, which really helps me since I use to get sick in the middle of the night/early morning. Zofran didn't work for me and just made me super constipated. I like that unisom and B6 are OTC with no side effects. Hang in there ladies!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"