Cloth Diapering

OT 9lbs of awesome PIP

Natures fabric shipping is amazing! I placed my order Sunday and it was shipped Sunday...arrived today! Cotton velour, hemp fleece, bamboo fleece and these very cool purple and black bats fabric. Yes!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OT 9lbs of awesome PIP

• Jealous! I haven't gotten my stuff yet.
  • I was amazed when she sent me the shipping confirmation on Sunday afternoon.  She's also located in PA, just across the state from me.  so that might have something to do with it

• Loading the player...
  • Nevermind. It's in my mailbox! Woot!
  • Making diapers is so much fun!
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • @Mandmeesh I bought some special diaper elastic that I'm really excited about.  It's different than the kind at Joann's Fabrics.  It doesn't get narrow when you stretch it, which should make the sewing a lot easier.  And it supposedly holds up better in the long run.  Did you buy any?  I could seriously mail you some of mine if you want to try it.  I got 10 yards.  Maybe a little overkill, haha.
  • haha.  I did not get any elastic from her...just the fabric.  

I'd love some elastic, though! How much do you wanna sell and how much do you want for it?

• Mandmeesh said:
    haha.  I did not get any elastic from her...just the fabric.  

I'd love some elastic, though! How much do you wanna sell and how much do you want for it?
    I will just send you some for free.  It was only .38 a yard. I might as well share since I already paid for shipping and I will probably never use that much.  PM your address. I'll throw some in an envelope tomorrow.
  • Jealous.
    don't be jealous yet.  it's still just a 9lb bag of fabric...not diapers or inserts. lol

• Lol. I've not been to lots of areas in this state. I'm from Long Island and miss it dearly

• Haha, yes it is! Well, MH and I went to school in Wilmington, nc. Then we moved here for horse country and to be closer to my mom. Which has been a joke. We should've moved back to LI to be closer to siblings instead. Oh well. Sometime soon we will be talking about moving again

• Ya know, whoopie pies are not my favorite. Any time I've gotten Amish baked goods, it seems like something is missing from them. Fruit pies I like, but not much else. Which is weird. Are you from PA ?

• I guess this is a UO. I lived in PA for 3 years and hated it. I'm too much of a west coat gal/Seattlite for that area of the world.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I guess this is a UO. I lived in PA for 3 years and hated it. I'm too much of a west coat gal/Seattlite for that area of the world.
    Hush your mouth!  Where did you live?
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. I have a pic of my Dad's house (he still lives there) almost under water from the flood about 2 years back.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Hush your mouth!  Where did you live?
    Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area. I have a pic of my Dad's house (he still lives there) almost under water from the flood about 2 years back.
    Oh yeah, Scranton is pretty icky.  And if you're a west coast girl at heart...I don't blame you.
    That place is awful!
  • And a little less corrupt government BS and some seriously narrow minded thinking.
  • No just that area. I'm not talking all of PA. Though there is some issues I have with Philly and the Lancaster area, but those are minor compared to being essentially culture shocked and being the weird kid cuz I thought out of the box.
  • It wasn't all bad. I have some good memories. I just don't like the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area much. It was very different than things are here, but I did find a group of people my own age that were more my speed. Just it's very very different than here. It's more of a social thing though. That area was very very Catholic and more conservative than I'm used to.

The only other big thing for me was all the puppy mills in that state. The Amish really are not very good people for doing these things. I worked for a rescue and we'd shut down and take puppies from Amish puppy mills and it was always sad. I do love King of Prussia, and the Philly Zoo. I miss living so close to so many states and being able to visit NYC whenever I felt like. Oh, and frozen custard. :P
  • Yes, from Cameron County. You're not likely to know it unless you hunt. We're known for having more deer and elk than people--haha. It's about 4 hours north of you. Most people would never have any reason to come up this way, but I'm down in your part of the state every 3 or 4 months.

I live in Jefferson county and work in Clearfield county!
  • shan417shan417 member
    edited November 2013
    Sorry mobile bump posted twice...
    But since I already wasted this space, what kind of bamboo fleece did you get from them to make inserts? What size and how many layers are you making them? I couldn't find the thread where you mentioned it but I was thinking about making some to distract me while I wait for DS to arrive.
  • Yes, from Cameron County. You're not likely to know it unless you hunt. We're known for having more deer and elk than people--haha. It's about 4 hours north of you. Most people would never have any reason to come up this way, but I'm down in your part of the state every 3 or 4 months.
    Woah! You're super close! Can I ask what town you're in? It's cool if you'd rather not say, though I promise I'm not a crazy stalker murderer :)
    I think that's what the crazy, stalker murderers would say 

;)

• Mandmeesh said:
    Yes, from Cameron County. You're not likely to know it unless you hunt. We're known for having more deer and elk than people--haha. It's about 4 hours north of you. Most people would never have any reason to come up this way, but I'm down in your part of the state every 3 or 4 months.
    Woah! You're super close! Can I ask what town you're in? It's cool if you'd rather not say, though I promise I'm not a crazy stalker murderer :)
    I think that's what the crazy, stalker murderers would say 

;)

Hey, did I tell you that I also am not a crazy, stalker murderer?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I live in Punxsutawney and work in Dubois. We are super close!
  • So you say Hello to the groundhog everyday?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"