November 2012 Moms

Need Advice

I found out yesterday that DH and I are expecting #2!! My problem is that we are planning to go to Aruba Dec 2014 for my brothers wedding, the baby will be just shy of 6 months old.  DH and I fought this morning because he thinks we won't be able to relax with both kids with us! My whole family will be there to help but he doesn't want to ruin there vacation either and I get that but I don't want to miss my brother getting married! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!  TIA!!
View Full Size Image

Re: Need Advice

• First and foremost, Congratulations! I don't see why the kids wouls ruin it. I also am not a party scene type; that may be why I believe that. I know that if it were my family or ILs, they would be upset to be missinh any part of US due to it being a family event. It is still a ways off. You will be able to talk to your family once tyou tell everyone you are pregnant. Your family would know best. Good luck finding a resolution asap.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Congrats!!!!  I get where DH might be concerned a little bit.  We haven't taken a vacation yet with DD because I've have a little anxiety about that sort of thing.  That being said, I think that as long as you realize in advance that vacations will be different now that you have children, you'll be fine.  I think it's definitely an added bonus that all of your family will be there to help.  I'd talk to your family, but I'd probably go to Aruba if I were you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • First off, congratulations!  I'm with the others in thinking that it would be fine to take both kids to Aruba.  Were you planning on taking DS?  As much as your DH would think it wouldn't be relaxing to take 2 little ones on a vacation, it wouldn't be relaxing with just the older one either.  At that point, he will be a toddler and will be running around (if he's anything like mine).  Chasing them  certainly isn't relaxing!  At the end of it all, I think you'd look back and have some good memories of introducing the 6 month old to the ocean, sand, etc. and have fun being able to help  celebrate your brother's marriage.  
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Thanks everyone!! Yes we were planning on bringing B. My DH just gets a little crazy sometimes!! I think once the shock of a new baby wears off he will be ok.
    View Full Size Image
  • Congratulations!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Congratulations! I think you'll be fine taking both, especially with your family to help. 
  • Congratulations!!! It's your brother's wedding and that trumps any type of secondary perk like a relaxing vacation without kids. Although, I'm sure with all of the family around, you'll have plenty of people who are willing to babysit and give you a break one night so that you can have some adult fun (or relaxation). 

I think you're right in the fact that your DH is probably just still trying to process another baby and getting a little overwhelmed about traveling with two children. I'm sure he'll calm down a bit and come to his senses about it. 

• I think it will be fine.  Sometimes the resorts have sitters on staff  . . . maybe they can help?
  • Congratulations! I think it'll be fine. You'll be a pro by then!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Thanks everyone but this pregnancy wasn't meant to be. It's upsetting but B is giving me extra cuddles and that helps a lot!!
    View Full Size Image
  • Thanks everyone but this pregnancy wasn't meant to be. It's upsetting but B is giving me extra cuddles and that helps a lot!!

So sorry to hear this. Hugs.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sorry you are going through this.. hugs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I think you mean it wasn't planned, not not meant to be! Congrats!!!! You can't miss your brothers wedding...at least you'll be in Aruba , even if it is not super relaxing!
  • Oh so sorry didn't see that original post was three days ago....so sorry honey. Major hugs....
  • Sorry you are going through this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"