Baby Names
Options

What do we think of Victoria? nn possibilities?

Dh suggested it, and at first I was kind of meh on it because I don't really like the nicknames, but I just met a Victoria who goes by V, and I thought there must be a lot of nn's for such a long name! I really dislike Tori, and Vicky seem like someone in her 50's. Are there others I'm missing? It really is a pretty name, it's just so dang long!

Oh, and before anyone says just go by Victoria, we are huge nn people, everybody in our family goes by a nn, so I want to find a name with nn's I like!

image  image

Re: What do we think of Victoria? nn possibilities?

• Options

Vivi

Vic

I can't think of any more!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I'm a Victoria and I LOVE my name!  Friends usually call me Vicki (the ie and y spellings make me cringe though) or Vic.  I loathe Tori.  Once in a while, a friend will just type V for my name, but no one actually calls me that.

BTW - this Vicki is only 31. ;)

Thanks, I'm glad to hear from a Vicki who likes her name! I only know a few and they're all older, the younger ones all seem to go by Tori, which I just cannot do!

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I think Victoria is a lovely name, but I don't think Vicky or Tori is avoidable. They're both really popular and intuitive, and every Victoria I know goes by one or the other.

I'd be reluctant to use a name that had obvious NNs I didn't like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think Victoria is a lovely name, but I don't think Vicky or Tori is avoidable. They're both really popular and intuitive, and every Victoria I know goes by one or the other.

Ugh, that's where I'm kind of at with this one. 

image  image

• Options
    Toria, Viv/Vivi, and Rory (may be a stretch but it could work).

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    coopsbaby said:

Ugh, that's where I'm kind of at with this one. 

Same here.  I love Victoria, but I hate Vicky and I'm not a big fan of Tori.

I actually like Vic more than Vicky, or Toria better than Tori.  V isn't so bad.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

You could do Vix, Vicca or V.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I love Victoria! I'm also not crazy about Vicky or Tori, though. So unless you're open to a nickname evolving that isn't an obvious one, and you don't want to call her Victoria, I'd probably steer clear.
  • Options

You could do Vix, Vicca or V.

Love Vicca for a NN

I think if you're clear and consistent with your preference you can avoid NNs you do not like. But you can't control what she chooses to let her friends call her as she grows up
  • Options
    I don't care for any of the nn's either so for me I wouldn't use it.  Also the fn Victoria always sounds a bit stuffy to me    I guess I sort of associate it with "victorian" which isn't my style at all
  • Options

This is why Victoria got bumped to mn for my DD2. I hated Tori, and DH hated Vicky. And DH is hates long names so he didn't want to use Victoria all the time. (Now he doesn't mind Vicky - it figures!)

• Options
    Ooh, I like Vicca!

image  image

• Options
    Like Rory for a nn.
  • Options
    I like Vicki or Vic. Not a fan of Tori.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would probably use Vi or Vivi. I just don't like Vicki or Tori at all, but Victoria is great.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love Victoria! I actually like Tori a lot, lol, didn't realize it was so hated. I had a great aunt and she went by Vic which I like way more than Vicki. And I do love pp suggestion of Vicca... It's both cute and cool sounding.
  • Options
    Name crushing on this with the NN Vicca. Just asked DH what he thought of it, and he said Vicca sounds like a pony's name. He couldn't explain why, he just kept insisting. Where do men come up with these things?
  • Options
    I grew up with a girl named Victoria but her nickname was "Toe." It started when she was in figure skating and it stuck. Sounds very odd, I know. 
    There are all of those mentioned above as well. Vicky/Vicki/Vikki, Vic, Tory/Tori, Toria, etc.
  • Options
    Hmm... Totally different name but my friends daughters name is violet and we called her "v" or "vi" but that's also a different sound...
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"