February 2013 Moms

Elder berry syrup for cold

Has one heard of giving elder berry syrup to help with a cold. My LO has been congested with a cough and lookin for something to help.

Thanks!

Re: Elder berry syrup for cold

• Is it safe for babies? Dd has had a cold for two weeks and I'm desperate. The poor girl is miserable.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • They have one for kids and the dosage said a year. My little guy is 20lbs so I just gave him a little less than the dosage. But my little guy had a ton of energy after. So note to self don't give before bedtime!
  • Loading the player...
  • DC2London said:
    We've done it!  It's supposedly a great antiviral.  DS1 had croup about 4 times between 12 and 20 months, so we started giving him elderberry syrup and olive leaf extract (in rotation).  He hasn't had croup since, he never gets colds, and he hasn't had flu.  IDK that that necessarily means it works, but it isn't hurting anything.
    I ordered some elderberry syrup to start using for my LO. I am curious about this olive leaf extract you mentioned. How often do you rotate this with the elderberry? And are the benefits the same as elderberry?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~I have a baby in heaven 3-20-12~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"