Babies: 6 - 9 Months

8 month old hates food-please HELP!

I started my DD out on food at 6 months and so far she seems to hate pretty much everything!  I have tried cereal(mixed with breast milk), oatmeal, beans, squash, peaches, and various other fruits and veggies.  Each is met with the same disgusted look on her face and it comes out.  I have used both store bought food and homemade food to which she equally hates.  She only loves my milk.  I am getting stressed also by the fact that my supply is starting to dwindle.  This morning she started to cry when I was trying to feed her.  I hate forcing her to eat and I'm afraid that route will lead her to further hate the food I'm pushing.  Any tips?   I'm out of ideas and frustrated.     

Re: 8 month old hates food-please HELP!

• I lurk on another board and just read a post over there that said her LO hated all food until she started heating it up. So maybe warm the food if you haven't tried that?
  • All you can do is try! My son was like this exactly. My daughter is 7 months old and eats everything. I did nothing different between the two. My pedi says solid food before age one is just for fun. :) They get the majority of their nutrients from breast milk or formula for a very long time.

You might research baby led weaning. It's what ended up working for my son. Basically skipping purees and going right to soft finger foods. He hated being fed with a spoon, he wanted to do it himself. He still at age 3 is not a big eater. All kids are different! Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks for the tips ladies!! :)
  • I'd vote for trying baby led weaning. She might be more happy controlling what goes into her mouth.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Keep trying a different food everyday. I agree - my LO is picky. She will not drink a bottle that is cold. I have to heat up all her food. We do everything - purees, she eats my food and I make her food as well.
  • I will have to read up on this led weaning...I have heard of it but don't know much other than that.  Thanks for the tip...now I have some homework!
  • My LO doesn't love food either but he is getting better.  Like others said, just keep at it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"