Trying to Get Pregnant

Doc appt advice needed-newbie

Hi ladies,
I am new to the board (and the bump) but was hoping to join to ask a question.  This month I have my first appt with my OB to address my cycle, we have been TTC since May so about six months, but my cycles have all been AO (temping, cm, OPKs etc..)  Thus I have also not had AF for over six months now.  - Nope not pregnant if that was your next question.  So this is my first visit to discuss what the heck is up, I know my doc said that first they will prescribe something to start AF, but my question is what else should I expect from my doctor in this appointment?  Should they offer other options for post AF, are there specific questions with your experience you would recommend asking?  It seems hard to get into the office so I just want to make sure I am using my time wisely and productively.  Thank you for your help. 

Little bit about me, I live in Colorado, love college football GO Iowa State!, have two furbabies, love home remodeling and when I have time my passion is dance. 

Re: Doc appt advice needed-newbie

• LollyLawlzLollyLawlz member
    edited November 2013
    Wait, you haven't had AF for six months?  Am I reading wrong?  If not yes, they should most definitely prescribe something to start it up.   I can't really give you advice as to the questions you should ask.  If you were monitoring your cycle, what were the results?  Do you have a chart you can link?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No, you read that right this particular doctors office refused to see me until it had been six months which is part of my concern I am usually pretty easy going I guess you could say so I accepted that that was ok but am now having doubts. I will try to attach my chart!
  • Loading the player...
  • No, you read that right this particular doctors office refused to see me until it had been six months which is part of my concern I am usually pretty easy going I guess you could say so I accepted that that was ok but am now having doubts. I will try to attach my chart!
    I have never heard of a doctor refusing to see a patient that hasn't had a period in six months. The standard is 60 days. Unless you are for some reason really attached to this doctor, I would start shopping for a new one.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Agree...find a new doctor.

I have 30-50 day cycles...except this peach of a cycle where I am at cd66. I saw my ob on Friday and he prescribed me provera to start my period. I am going to start getting tested for pcos next week, and then we will decide where to go from there.

Six months would have ticked me off!
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my experience as well.  My last cycle was a withdrawal bleed 5 months ago, still waiting for my appointment next week.  I'll be curious to hear what they tell you as I'm in the same boat.  (Although, for the first time ever FF gave me dotted CH this cycle.  Trying not to actually get my hopes up that this was finally O!)
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• As other posters commented, I wonder if this is the best doctor to see to get your cycle going.  I know you already have your appointment, and I guess you could go to see what they have to say, but in general, I'd be concerned about their ability/ willingness to monitor you properly.  

Me: 27 DH: 27

October 2013: Endo erosion/ Clear HSG

March 2014: SA #1/  2%morph, borderline sperm count, decent motility

June 2014: SA#2/  2% morph, low sperm count, worse motility

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

High AMH (11) and Low BMI= low doses of everything to prevent OHSS

July 27, 2014: Started Follistim injections for ten days

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 4, 2014: 14 follicles on-track, good lining, Trigger 8/6

August 9, 2014: 9 ICSIed/ 5 embryos; aiming for a 5dt on 8/13

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

September 9, 2014: Ultrasound #1 115 heartbeats per minute

September 23, 2014: Ultrasound #2 182 heartbeats per minute 

September 26, 2014: Love my OB's office

October 10, 2014: Our baby looks like a baby and is moving all over!  

December 8, 2014: Anatomy scan- It's a girl! 

"Hope strengthens.  Fear kills."- Karen Marie Moning

"Heaviness is only temporary; the daylight will soon break in."- needtobreathe

• Thanks Ladies! I was really relieved to see your responses because waiting this out has been forever for me! I will definitely take your advice, I do already have an appt so I might go check it out but I did some research last night and there is another practice in town highly recommended I will give them a call tomorrow to see if they have anything sooner. 
  • Welcome and GL! I would check out that other highly recommended doctor. I don't know where you got your patience to go 6 months without a period and not have switched practices yet!
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Welcome and good luck! Agree with pp! Hope you find a doc thats willing to help soon!
    imageimage
    Emery January 1, 2010
    Alayna December 15, 2011
    Angel baby #1 December 1, 2013 4wks 2 days
    Angel baby #2 February 2, 2014 8 wks
    TTC on Hold
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"