3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone still babywearing?

Hi ladies, lurking from 1st tri. I currently wear DD in an action baby carrier everywhere we go. I can do a front or back carry. But I'm guessing babywearing with a big bump might not be comfortable if even doable. Are any of you still able to wear your LO? Do you think it's doable throughout the pregnancy or should I invest in a stroller?

Re: Anyone still babywearing?

• Options
    I still wear DD (26 months) occasionally on my back. 
  • Options
    My sons 20 months old and I have stopped lifting him around 32 weeks bc I started cramping bad.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still wear L from time to time in a ring sling. Usually side/hip carry, or front works too, he kind of sits on the bump. It's still comfortable as far as wearing goes, but not comfortable at the same time because he is 23 lbs and I'm out of breath just sitting around, let alone hauling him and the bump. I'm definitely using the stroller more, but wearing is still doable. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Nope. I didn't wear DD2 very often anymore, but I had to retire the mei tai when I started showing - at a whopping 11 weeks. Now at 19 weeks I'm already getting Braxton Hicks and they're worse after I carry her too much/too long, and she's only 24lbs soaking wet, I can't imagine wearing her would be good for that.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I cannot wear him on my front anymore.  We have a manduca and around 15 weeks it became uncomfortable for me to wear him on the front.  I can still wear him on my back with the belt under my bump.  The belt can be a bit uncomfortable on my bladder and I feel like I have to pee constantly. DH can wear him when we're together and that's my preference.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    33 weeks and way to big & uncomfortable to wear my 15 month old. It's getting harder and harder to lift & carry her for day to day activities. 
  • Options
    Absolutely! My little girl is 21 months. I cannot function without baby wearing. Grocery stores she is always on my back. Oh I'm 29 weeks. I wore her on my front a few weeks ago. I see no difference in plain carrying other than a baby carrier is so much easier and frankly more comfortable. Listen to your body but as long as you plan to pick up your LO I sure baby wearing will be fine. I also see a chiropractor weekly or no weekly I keep me in good shape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"