Parenting

Single parenting for a week

DH left today to go help my brother with home renos. He'll be back late Sunday, and flies out again on Monday evening for work until late next Friday. He will see DD for like an hour on Monday afternoon. I am single parenting the rest of the time. This is going to suck. I hope DH won't notice if our wine cellar is empty when he gets back. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Single parenting for a week

• My DH is leaving Sunday morning and coming home on Thursday night for a work conference. It's going to be awesome.....not!
    DD1 9.15.10  DD2 11.2.12
  • Loading the player...
  • This is the stuff of nightmares...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well i cooked tonight. A ribeye. And a bottle of wine. I invited myself to ILs tomorrow. I will get take out for the rest of the week! And i fucking love the bed to myself. Yes I feel that strongly about it.

• With all due respect to those w husbands on deployment etc. (and i sincerely do respect women who hold down the fort for extended periods of time) my dh has a day job here at home so when he's gone for a week it's hard and not what i signed up for.

• Sorry mabel.

• Wait, cant i complain without playing pain olympics?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What's going on in here?

• Good thing H is getting me and the kids a membership at the local Y. Free childcare and a pool. All I had to do was promise 3 BJs a week!

WIN.
    My gym has free childcare...my kid was kicked out. Worst day ever.
  • I am a single mom of 3. I choose to be single because it works with my circumstances. I think it's harder for those who are a 2-parent family and a spouse is absent for periods at a time. I don't really like the term "signed up for", yes you may be aware of what lies ahead but you can't always be prepared for how you will feel.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • RayRay007RayRay007 member
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry I used the term "sign up for". I sure wasn't trying to say that people, who know when they get married or have kids that their husbands are going to be gone for periods of time because of the line of work they're in, aren't allowed to feel it sucks or have a hard time. And yes, a lot of people definitely have a harder time than me. But sometimes I would like to be able to complain without being made to feel bad. That being said, I should've just left it alone and not made the pain olympics comment and the thread would've just floated off merrily into the past. 
    EtA: missing words

• RayRay007 said:

I'm sorry I used the term "sign up for". I sure wasn't trying to say that people, who know when they get married or have kids that their husbands are going to be gone for periods of time because of the line of work they're in, aren't allowed to feel it sucks or have a hard time. And yes, a lot of people definitely have a harder time than me. But sometimes I would like to be able to complain without being made to feel bad. That being said, I should've just left it alone and not made the pain olympics comment and the thread would've just floated merrily into the past. 

I apologize, me quoting that wasn't meant to be directed only at you. I just meant in general..everybody has their rough days and needs support.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You know what, my tone probably was shitty because it was late and I was exhausted.
    Which is the same reason I snapped back. I realized I was being unfair and bitter and edited what I originally said. I should have left the "pain olympic" part out. I dont like the constant comparison people make of who has it the worst but I am genuinely very sorry for what you're going through.
    I actually didn't see what you edited.
    I did and that along with your post prompted the pain olympics comment from me. Lets all agree that we were a little drunk and bitchy last night and move on.

• What are those Star Trek fur ball things called? Trebles? It was the only Star Trek episode that I've ever seen and I thought that they were awesome.

MH has a math conference this weekend and he's going to a math party tonight, so I didn't get to sleep in on MY DAY to sleep in and I'm about to shank someone. Single parenting for any length of time is for the birds.
  • I'm sorry, did you just say your husband was going to a "math party" tonight @SandyClam? Please tell me this a party full of math people, not a party where they work on math problems.
    image image
  • I'm sorry, did you just say your husband was going to a "math party" tonight @SandyClam? Please tell me this a party full of math people, not a party where they work on math problems.
    Lol! Aren't they the same thing? It's a party with math people but you bet your ass that they talk about math. The single math people know nothing but math; it's their life.
  • edited November 2013
    Awesome, that is hysterical!
    image image
  • I do remember going to some "school psych" parties in grad school with people who lived and breathed stats.....
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"