June 2013 Moms
Options

Why DH, why?!

It's 4:30 and I've been up since 2:30 trying to get DD back to sleep. The dog woke up a little while ago so DH took him out. Instead of putting him back in the crate in the bedroom, he puts him in his pen in the kitchen, turns on the radio and makes a bunch of noise getting the dog's food! I'm sitting on the couch two feet away and DD is just barely dozing.

Why the F did that seem like the most logical course of action?! Now the dog is making a ton of noise eating and if he wakes up DD I'm going to lose my sh*t.
My Book Blog

my read shelf:
Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Why DH, why?!

• Options
    Sounds like my dh every night!  Why dare you so loud when you take off your damn shoes???
  • Options
    This is kinda like my h's friggin alarm going off at 7 am after I just put LO down at 6:40am.... And it wakes me up (well I was half awake) then it wakes LO up, but doesn't wake up h! So I hit him to wake him up, he wakes up, shuts off the alarm and rolls over........ It then goes off 2 more friggin times because he is still sleeping, then not only is LO awake, now she's crying, and so here I sit at 7:49 with a comfort sucking baby, (and my head is killing me) while h is sound asleep in bed. I could kill him.

image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I should note that he doesn't need to (nor will he ever) wake up at 7 am so why he continually sets his alarm at this time is beyond me and so irritating I want to punch the wall

image image

• Options
    DH works graveyards so I always wish he was home at night. Except on the nights he's off, he is zero help and ai just want to throw things at him while he sleeps.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options

I should note that he doesn't need to (nor will he ever) wake up at 7 am so why he continually sets his alarm at this time is beyond me and so irritating I want to punch the wall

The same thing happens here!!!! It could make you lose your mind!

• Options

My husband does the SAME thing! It's SO annoying. He said he needs to hear an alarm 3 times at least before he wakes up. It has been a constant argument for years!
  • Options
    This is kinda like my h's friggin alarm going off at 7 am after I just put LO down at 6:40am.... And it wakes me up (well I was half awake) then it wakes LO up, but doesn't wake up h! So I hit him to wake him up, he wakes up, shuts off the alarm and rolls over........ It then goes off 2 more friggin times because he is still sleeping, then not only is LO awake, now she's crying, and so here I sit at 7:49 with a comfort sucking baby, (and my head is killing me) while h is sound asleep in bed. I could kill him.
    My H does the SAME THING.  Just yesterday I finally got her asleep at 5:40 and was hoping for an hour more of sleeping for myself before getting up for work.  His alarm goes off at 6.  It's loud!  In the past I told him to turn the volume down, he says he doesn't know how, I turned it down on his phone for him, and then he turns it back up later (clearly knows how to change the volume).  He also consistently sets his alarm for earlier than necessary and snoozes several times.  Which was ok pre-baby but no ok now! When it goes off I angry-whisper "that thing better not go off again - if it wakes the baby I'm going to the other room to finish sleeping and you can deal with her."  Every morning.  Every freaking morning.  (Except the weekends when he sleeps through her first nap).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH thinks since I have the boobs I have to do bed time all the time yet he can rock M to sleep within minutes and we won't do that for me! But he did take him this morning so I could get a bit of much needed sleep! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LOL @subliminalrabbit --I should!!! I texted him nasty words while nursing LO ("GET UP!!! You said you set your alarm to go to the gym so get up and go. The fact that i'm now awake and you are sleeping is not fair!") then when he woke up I stank eyed him and he apologized a hundred times. I told him that the next time his alarm goes off, he better get up the first time, or I will make him get up and I won't be so nice about it.  :P

Sorry you all deal with the same crap. @dmlk413 @GalLaura @nicolereed0324 @numbersgirl08 ......Friggen men.

image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"