April 2014 Moms

What not to do when pregnant:

#1) watch any Nicholas Sparks movie
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
EDD 4/7/18
MC 5/20/17 @8 wks

Re: What not to do when pregnant:

• janice9821janice9821 member
    edited November 2013
    2. Read Chicken Soup for the Soul books.
  • MissWhisMissWhis member
    edited November 2013
    But sometimes a good cry really hits the spot!

I watched this at work today and totally cried at my desk. It is the best, but gets me every time:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfvuJr9164&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWNfvuJr9164
  • Loading the player...
  • @kendracoleslaw oh tottttallyyy cheesy + add the acting on top, but it's a guilty pleasure I just can't resist.

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Newtaylor13Newtaylor13 member
    edited November 2013
    MissWhis said:
    But sometimes a good cry really hits the spot! I watched this at work today and totally cried at my desk. It is the best, but gets me every time: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfvuJr9164&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWNfvuJr9164

Now I'm sobbing!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OhMamaB said:

Don't watch Blackfish on CNN! Those poor whales. I was bawling! :((

That made me really sad too. I feel so sad for Tilikum. Stolen from his family as a baby, beat up an ostracized by other whales in captivity, forced to do tricks and frustrated, and now he lives in a fishbowl swimming around with his sad collapsed dorsal fun and gets let out once a day to do one trick in a show. It's so awful!

The part about capturing the babies was horrible. Have you ever seen Orca? It made me realize that even though its fictional, the story is pretty close to the truth.
  • Don't watch Extreme Home Makeover, either. I just want to throw it out there, so no one gets the wrong idea about me, that I woudn't be caught dead watching a cheesy Nicholas Sparks movie pregnant or not. Every theatre & writer bone in my body cringes.
    That show makes me cry just normally.  I don't think I would dare watch it while pregnant.
  • Apparently for me don't watch Here Comes the Boom. A little description because I don't believe it was very well received...Its the movie where Kevin James becomes an mma fighter to save his schools music program. I cried like a baby at the end when the girl was singing, he won the fight and everyone became American citizens. They were so happy! My husband said, I love your crazy pregnancy moods. Good thing he does!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. Don`t watch shows about weddings.
    2. Don`t watch albums with cakes and other sweets.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• Don't go to a school's Halloween parade. Watching all those kids be so happy made me so emotional.
  • I cried watching stargate when they were just talking about the son dying. It wasn't even on screen!

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MissWhis said:
    But sometimes a good cry really hits the spot! I watched this at work today and totally cried at my desk. It is the best, but gets me every time: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WNfvuJr9164&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWNfvuJr9164

Now I'm sobbing!
    One more: don`t post emotional videos on a pregnancy forum :))
    I`m watching all those movies from storycorps and crying my eyes out.
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• Just don't watch movies, videos, or tv that could possibly be even remotely emotional. Stick to the Big Bang theory and other comedies. I cry at everything now. Commercials, YouTube videos, anything...

• Just don't watch movies, videos, or tv that could possibly be even remotely emotional. Stick to the Big Bang theory and other comedies. I cry at everything now. Commercials, YouTube videos, anything...

Did you see BBT two weeks ago? Oh man I totally cried. Not even comedies are safe.
  • Don't get your heart set on a certain food without checking that you have the stuff to make it. Curse you, cupboard of no pancakes!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Don't watch a baby story in tlc

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• myschlove said:

Don't watch movies like
    I am Sam
    The duchess

Any movie where a child or parent dies or is taken

I had to watch I am Sam in my psychology class last month. I was a mess and no one understood why, haha.

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• Don't watch the third season of Downton Abbey. Oh Lord, I saw Sybil's last episode again the other night. I was a hot mess. I realized if I had had DD back then I would have died in child birth.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

mean_girls_35345
  • For me the movie was Finding Neverland with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet.  It is one of my top 10 favorite films, I couldn't stop crying. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Lol! I just watched that and cried when the girl was singing too!!
  • Our neighbor kids just stopped by with a flyer for their missing dog, a "chi-weenie" named Chuy. They were so cute and so sad I burst into tears as soon as I told them I hadn't seen him but i would let them know if i do and shut the door... So just avoid people in general?
  • Do not watch Pittsburgh Steelers Games with DH. He will not listen to a thing you say and you will get so emotional that he thinks your nuts. Or maybe that's just with my DH. Hahaha
  • May sound cheesy,lol, but don't watch Beyoncé:Life is but a Dream! Sat down to eat lunch and it was on when I turned the tv on. She talks about her miscarriage (being a PgAL girl I totally lost it here!) and then she talks about her second pregnancy and how beautiful it is to feel kicks, etc. I bawled like a baby most of it! I love Beyoncé so I couldn't turn it off of course! It was actually cool to hear her talk about her pregnancy like that!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't watch "Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy."  I've seen it a lot before but went through a whole box of tissues this time around. Holy tear jerker!  

(It didn't help that a bunch of my friends are going through breast cancer right now--ladies in their 20s!!)
  • Well I'm not proud to admit this but I was watching a rerun of 90210 and became choked up when the students rallied to let Donna Martin graduate.
  • Um I cried while watching the kids movie UP, and DH laughed at me and thought I was crazy! It was SAD!
  • Seriously, commercials having anything to do with children or growing up, like the Carters commercial about "you were there for me..." Sometimes random commercials. Lol! Seeing anyone cry.
  • Don't watch Parenthood, it makes you cry and they drink wine... Cougar Town luckily isn't on yet for the season, but I will drool and whine the entire 20 mins (dvr no commercials) at their wine consumption. I may DVR that one and watch after baby... with my wine!

Married 2005, DS: 2006, DD: 2008 EDD: 4/16/14- IT'S A GIRL! Scarlett Jean
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"