Nurseries and Baby Gear

Moby Wrap vs Maya Ring Sling

Hello Ladies! Looking for some input/recommendations...DD1 is 16 months and DD2 is 2 weeks (EBF). I currently have the Baby Bjorn and Ergo carriers, and while I love them both, especially for older babies/toddlers, they don't seem to function that well for a newborn (especially when it comes to nursing). I've read a lot about the Moby and Ring Sling and am wondering, for those with experience in this domain, which carrier works best for nursing and keeping a newborn secure? I didn't nurse DD1 in a carrier, simply because I never really had to. Now that I have DD2 I need something that allows me to be "relatively" hands free and also able to nurse on the go/when needed. Thank you!

Re: Moby Wrap vs Maya Ring Sling

• I agree with PP.  See if you can try them both on somewhere.  I had a Moby with DS2, and while I liked it I never did get the hang of BF'ing in it.  Plus once LO got to be around 12 pounds I started feeling like he wasn't all that secure in it.  I'm sure he was fine, I just felt like he was going to fall out. 

I haven't tried a ring sling, but I think I'll look into one should be we be lucky enough to conceive baby #3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• I liked my Moby....but it was only good for a very short period of time, like until he was 3 months. However, the cost is low, so even using for a short period of time sort of gets you your money's worth. So if you're looking for something for just a newborn, and then are going to use an Ergo or something else when baby's bigger, then I would go with the Moby. 

That being said, a good ring sling will allow you to babywear for a lot longer, and is much more supportive for a heavier infant/child; I still use mine very comfortably with my 7 month old.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Loading the player...
  • @kellyrn9956 thank you, I actually just bought and relieved my ring sling! I'm going to test it out today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"