Nurseries and Baby Gear

Which do you prefer?

Amy21614Amy21614 member
edited October 2013 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
I'm going to register this weekend, which is better and why? Is there a major difference between the 2?

Which do you prefer? 72 votes

Boppy
72% 52 votes
My Brest friend
27% 20 votes

Re: Which do you prefer?

• Boppy. More uses than Breast friend. Baby can use it to help sit up, tummy time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • so am not voting since I had a hand me down boppy. Used it in the beginning with BFing, however by month 3 was no longer using it. I'd say go with what you can get for free/ the best price.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have used both and other boppy. The downside to the boppy for me is that there is nothing holding it to you so as lo weighs more they can sort of slide between you and the pillow... Pushing the pillow away from you. But the my breast friend was just so bulky and hard. I felt like I could not get comfortable with it strapped to me. As pp mentioned the boppy also had other uses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never tried the Boppy, but I did try to use my Breast Friend without the strap and could never get positioned correctly. Being able to get DS really close to me was a lifesaver, although CS momma's would probably not want it tight on their tummies. And the strap made DS be at the exact height I needed without killing my back. Also, I had the Deluxe with the velcro, which was awesome as it was so easy to adjust if I changed where I was sitting, sometimes I wanted it tighter, sometimes looser. I'm sure you will adjust to whatever you get though. The Boppy may have been nice for propping him up sometimes, I remember we did go through a rough patch when he would freak out if he wasn't sitting up, but would tip over. I would just put pillows around him or sit with him, and I only remember it for a couple of weeks?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have both and hands down my Brest friend. The fact that the top is flat makes it easier for positioning baby comfortably without her feeling like she is falling into you like the boppy.
  • I never used the Boppy, but bought the My Brest Friend because all of the reviews I'd seen said it was better for plus size moms. The strap meant I could get it positioned and then get DS latched on, and the flat surface was nice. I used it until he was about three month old, by which time I just needed a small pillow under my arm while nursing him.
  • I used both.  Loved the Brest friend in the beginning.  Baby would slip into the boppy pillow hole when nursing, whereas the brest friend was attached to me and baby would lay on it easily!  In the beginning when I had no idea what i was doing it was much easier for me.  

When he was bigger I preferred the boppy, hated having the brest friend attached to me and had the hang of nursing.  

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• Never used the Brest Friend but I love my Boppy! I've used it with both DD1 and DD2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"