Infertility

o~o~October Precious Pumpkins Thursday Check-in~o~o

2»

Re: o~o~October Precious Pumpkins Thursday Check-in~o~o

•  
    Twinkie0612 Why are they making you wait until Monday?  Can you go in on Saturday during monitoring since it's just a blood draw??  At least then you wouldn't be mentally (or maybe even physically) pacing while you wait so long.  Or maybe there's a reason they want you to wait until Monday...

@futuremrsw9 I am not sure why they wait so long for the second betas. I bought me some FRERs on the way home which should help ease my mind over the weekend. Now I just have to focus on the fact that I am pregnant and my positive beta confirmed this.
    They won't do them on a weekend!  Congrats @Twinkie0612 you are pregnant! My first beta was Thursday so I had the weekend too, its a killer, hope you can keep yourself busy and watch those lines get darker.

@geordie314 Work will probably keep me busy this weekend and I am stocked up on HPTs. I am sure the cashier at Walgreens thought I was nuts buying 2 packs of FRERs and a box of digis. She rang me up and said, "wow that's expensive." I said' "not as expensive as IVF."
    If you go to Harmons, you can use the $5 off $15 purchase Bed Bath & Beyond coupons (unless they don't have these store in other states).  Between that and the $1 off coupons that already come on the FRER packs I got two 3-packs of regular FRER and a digi for about $30.  Without coupons it would have been about $45 or so....def worth it!

I don't have a Harmons around here.   I went to walgreens and bought 2- 2 packs of FRERs (they didn't have any of the bonus 3 packs) and a box of digis for $50.  I know they would have been cheaper at Walmart, but at the time I was in mini freak out mode and didn't really care how much I spent.  What's another $50 on top of the $35,000ish we already spent.  :)

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Sunny B said:
    Twinkie, your sister would really piss me off too. Who wants to hear all the negativity!?

Mindy, I hope  your H's family takes it well- but if they don't - whatever! You do you boo!

@Sunny B It's so weird that she is acting like this too.  Through much of my IF testing and treatment she was one of the few that I could talk to and was one of my biggest cheerleaders.  She understood charting and all the factors that go into TTC.  She even knew a little about IF since it took her a year including a m/c to get pregnant with my youngest nephew and she was at the point of considering IF testing.  It just sucks to lose that.  I don't even want to talk to her when I get beta #2 results, whether they are good or bad because I can't deal with the negativity right now.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Twinkie0612 Why are they making you wait until Monday?  Can you go in on Saturday during monitoring since it's just a blood draw??  At least then you wouldn't be mentally (or maybe even physically) pacing while you wait so long.  Or maybe there's a reason they want you to wait until Monday...

@futuremrsw9 I am not sure why they wait so long for the second betas. I bought me some FRERs on the way home which should help ease my mind over the weekend. Now I just have to focus on the fact that I am pregnant and my positive beta confirmed this.
    They won't do them on a weekend!  Congrats @Twinkie0612 you are pregnant! My first beta was Thursday so I had the weekend too, its a killer, hope you can keep yourself busy and watch those lines get darker.
    That's so silly, and I'm sure frustrating for you, that they wouldn't do it on the weekend.  Unless you go in for a separate appointment different than if you were going for monitoring?  My beta blood draws were exactly like any other monitoring blood draw so if mine fell on the weekend I would have gone on the weekend during monitoring hours.  Hopefully your FRERs will keep you sane until Monday!!! FX super tight for you!

They actually don't do blood work at the clinic, they have it done through a local hospital and have it faxed to the clinic.  Honestly I think I am ok with the 2 extra days wait (at least right now, I'll probably be losing my mind on Sunday).  It gives me time to focus on being happy that I am pregnant.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Sunny B said:
    Twinkie, your sister would really piss me off too. Who wants to hear all the negativity!?

Mindy, I hope  your H's family takes it well- but if they don't - whatever! You do you boo!

@Sunny B It's so weird that she is acting like this too.  Through much of my IF testing and treatment she was one of the few that I could talk to and was one of my biggest cheerleaders.  She understood charting and all the factors that go into TTC.  She even knew a little about IF since it took her a year including a m/c to get pregnant with my youngest nephew and she was at the point of considering IF testing.  It just sucks to lose that.  I don't even want to talk to her when I get beta #2 results, whether they are good or bad because I can't deal with the negativity right now.

I think it's so weird, because it seems sometimes people get total amnesia of the struggle when they aren't struggling anymore. I'm sorry you feel you are losing that support, but you have it here! I feel like it's best to protect yourself. I would definitely resent her if I were you.
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Thanks for asking... The fog has cleared. Enjoying family time. AF def started today and I didn't even cry!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I just realized that by replying to this, I officially move into the 2WW!!!! FINALLY!! I've never done IVF before and so it was always before day 14 or so that we'd get into the 2WW... this time it was day 21 so it feels like the longest cycle ever!

Had our transfer yesterday afternoon and it went really well. It was day3 but our little ones had already split to 10 cells, which was nice. I got in for acupuncture before, even though it was last minute, so that helped me feel even more positive about our chances. Unfortunately, I have become a paranoid fool now in regards to being 'safe' after transfer... not wanting to cough, sneeze, bend, twist etc... and I KNOW better, but I can't seem to shake it. I feel so silly!

QOTW: I am dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free... so Halloween is no fun for me! I used to loooove the little chocolate bars though. We have leftovers from trick or treaters and they're totally taunting me!
    30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
    DH 32yrs & healthy
    *unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
    • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
    • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
    • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
    • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
    • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
    • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

• Jzyla said:
    I just realized that by replying to this, I officially move into the 2WW!!!! FINALLY!! I've never done IVF before and so it was always before day 14 or so that we'd get into the 2WW... this time it was day 21 so it feels like the longest cycle ever!

Had our transfer yesterday afternoon and it went really well. It was day3 but our little ones had already split to 10 cells, which was nice. I got in for acupuncture before, even though it was last minute, so that helped me feel even more positive about our chances. Unfortunately, I have become a paranoid fool now in regards to being 'safe' after transfer... not wanting to cough, sneeze, bend, twist etc... and I KNOW better, but I can't seem to shake it. I feel so silly!

QOTW: I am dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free... so Halloween is no fun for me! I used to loooove the little chocolate bars though. We have leftovers from trick or treaters and they're totally taunting me!
    YAY! good luck to you!!! Fingers crossed!
    TTC since May 2012
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • ET is complete with one excellent blast! We were part of a study and we drew the number 1 so that's why one went back in. I was so scared all week because we only had four fertilize and they pushed the transfer back to day 5. Best news of today is all 4 made it to blastocyst and we even gained another blastocyst! So, 4 are frozen. I can breathe for a few days.
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• amwenz said:
    ET is complete with one excellent blast! We were part of a study and we drew the number 1 so that's why one went back in. I was so scared all week because we only had four fertilize and they pushed the transfer back to day 5. Best news of today is all 4 made it to blastocyst and we even gained another blastocyst! So, 4 are frozen. I can breathe for a few days.

That is amazing news! GL!

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Sunny BSunny B member
    edited November 2013
    amwenz said:
    ET is complete with one excellent blast! We were part of a study and we drew the number 1 so that's why one went back in. I was so scared all week because we only had four fertilize and they pushed the transfer back to day 5. Best news of today is all 4 made it to blastocyst and we even gained another blastocyst! So, 4 are frozen. I can breathe for a few days.
    This is fabulous news!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! Congratulations :O)
    ETA: I meant to do a regular smiley- but this one came up- so I'm going with it!
    TTC since May 2012
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Jzyla said:
    I just realized that by replying to this, I officially move into the 2WW!!!! FINALLY!! I've never done IVF before and so it was always before day 14 or so that we'd get into the 2WW... this time it was day 21 so it feels like the longest cycle ever!

Yay for being PUPO! snuggle in little ones!

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• The POAS mission continues.  My FRER is still positive, but lighter than yesterday.  My wondfo has the faintest line (much lighter than yesterday) and the digi I took came back "not pregnant."  I am trying to stay positive and focus on the fact that I am still preganant today, but I am starting to feel like this pregnancy isn't going to stick.

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• @twinkie0612 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your beta on Monday
    *Losses mentioned*
    Me: 34 DH:32
    TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    HSG = tubes clear, bicornuate or septate ute; MRI= severe arcuate uterus no septum seen 
    SA #1 low count, low morph;  SA#2 4% Morph, count OK  SA#3 july 2014= NORMAL!!!
    9/2013  IUI#1 w/Clomid 100mg = over response; cycle converted to cryoocyte IVF
    IVF #1: 9/15 ER= 9 mature eggs, all eggs made it thru vitrification
    10/23 ICSI 6 fertilized; 10/28 5dt of two morulas. Hold on to me babies, stick, stick, stick!!
    11/6 BFP EDD 7/14/14 Beta #1= 18; 11/9 Beta #2= 44.8; 11/12 Beta #3= 7 = Early loss @4w6d. No frosties
    Feb 2014 Hysterscopy = no septum seen ute all clear in the inside
     IUI #1.1 4/2/14 Beta on 4/16 BFN
    Thinking about IUI #2  RE advised to try 3?????
    Natural cycle surprise BFP 8/3/14 EDD 4/11/15  beta#1(8/5/14)=35 Beta#2(8/8/14)=22  CP/Early loss@5w
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sorry Twinkie for the stress. Sending a hug your way.
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• Congrats to all the BFPs! Good luck to those still waiting.

I missed being a pumpkin- my trigger was last night and ER will be Sunday- but I've enjoyed watching all of your journeys and wishing you all the best! 

***Signature warning******

me: DOR, DH: counts are good

IVF # 1:BCPs then antagonist. Cancelled for poor response
    IVF #2: no BCPs then MDL: 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred at day 2-BFN
    IVF #3 New RE! BCPs then MDL: 8 retrieved, 8 fertilized, 2 transferred day 5-BFN
    IVF #4 October 2013. BCPs then MDL: 8 R, 8F, 2 transferred day 5 in Nov--BFP!! 
    December 2013: Ultrasound shows a single intrauterine pregnancy! 

• ****warning****

((((twinkie))))

I am counting down the hours till Monday till we get the good news that beta doubled and all is well!

•  
    Twinkie0612 Why are they making you wait until Monday?  Can you go in on Saturday during monitoring since it's just a blood draw??  At least then you wouldn't be mentally (or maybe even physically) pacing while you wait so long.  Or maybe there's a reason they want you to wait until Monday...

@geordie314 Work will probably keep me busy this weekend and I am stocked up on HPTs. I am sure the cashier at Walgreens thought I was nuts buying 2 packs of FRERs and a box of digis. She rang me up and said, "wow that's expensive." I said' "not as expensive as IVF."
    If you go to Harmons, you can use the $5 off $15 purchase Bed Bath & Beyond coupons (unless they don't have these store in other states).  Between that and the $1 off coupons that already come on the FRER packs I got two 3-packs of regular FRER and a digi for about $30.  Without coupons it would have been about $45 or so....def worth it!

I don't have a Harmons around here.   I went to walgreens and bought 2- 2 packs of FRERs (they didn't have any of the bonus 3 packs) and a box of digis for $50.  I know they would have been cheaper at Walmart, but at the time I was in mini freak out mode and didn't really care how much I spent.  What's another $50 on top of the $35,000ish we already spent.  :)
    Sooooo true! :-)  Thinking of you and sending lots of T&P for nice strong second lines!!
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"