April 2014 Moms
Options

Still nauseous.

The nausea has eased up a bit (usually only need to take zofran about 3x/week instead of 2x/daily) but it's so obnoxious.  And everyone looks at me like, you should feel better!  Thanks.  I don't.  Or they'll say, have you tried [insert EVERYTHING I've done and doesn't work]?  Of course I have.  I tried everything before taking zofran, but that's the only way I can be functional at work. 

I figure, worst case scenario, the nausea will be gone in about 5 months...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still nauseous.

• Options
    Bummer! 
    I still feel crappy, but definitely not so bad that I need zofran anymore. 

I hope you feel better, and I know how annoying it is when people offer suggestions.  Especially stupid ones like saltine crackers or ginger ale. Like that wasn't the first thing you tried! :-p
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I'm still taking zofran at least once a day and I'm almost 17 weeks. It's terrible. I just want to feel better!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat... still sick most mornings, zofran 4 times a week. Glad that it's gotten better, but so over it! My mom had extreme m/s with both my brother and me, but hers was over by 16 weeks. Even she can't believe it! 
    Also, totally LOL'd at "worst case scenario, the nausea will be gone in about 5 months" :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

image image
  • Options
    People keep telling me, eat small meals frequently.  Um, I do.  I snack every hour (I'm a therapist, so I grab something between each client), drink lots of water, make sure I'm getting protein, chew ginger gum, etc, etc.

But most mornings, on my drive to work, I start gagging for no reason.  And that certainly calls for zofran.

My mom can't believe I'm still nauseous but I think it's because she never had much m/s.  It doesn't help she and my dad make me feel really guilty about taking zofran.  Not intentionally--but they're always saying things like the less chemicals you put in your body, the healthier the baby; you need to eat healthier food, etc.

• Options
    I'm still nauseous (even threw up yesterday) and anticipate I will be until the end, as I was with my first. An hour after DS was born they brought me some breakfast and I realized it was the first time I hadn't felt nauseous in nine months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"