January 2014 Moms

Off to get a tooth pulled!

Well, I have a pretty big cavity on one of my wisdom teeth...dentist said it would be easier to pull then to fill due to the location. I have a phobia of dentists...they normally give me the gas (no judging lol) but since I am pregnant, no gas for me! Also he told me that he cannot use the regular novacaine with epinephrine because of the pregnancy so its straight novacaine which  he said does not last as along. I really really really wish he didn't tell me this lol! I didn't ask him but I wonder how long it lasts....any idea? My appts in 45 minutes! Wish this big ol chicken luck lol!

Re: Off to get a tooth pulled!

• elisawiestelisawiest member
    edited November 2013
    I'm a dentist and I don't agree with your dentist saying he couldn't use epinephrine. It is safe in small quantities during pregnancy. The kind without epinephrine usually only gets people a little numb and only lasts about 30 minutes. I don't think I would ever be able to get someone numb enough to pull their tooth on that kind. Hope everything went ok for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh I had a shot in my cheek this morning. Didn't have a clue what was in it. I had a tooth drilled and filled. Still hurts...
  • How did the dentist go?
  • It wasn't bad at all! He numbed me up nice and good then yanked that sucker out. He didn't prescribe any pain meds (last time I had one pulled he gave me hydrocodone I think.) I was a little worried at first but I am having very little pain and its all being relieved with Tylenol.
  • I'm a dentist and I don't agree with your dentist saying he couldn't use epinephrine. It is safe in small quantities during pregnancy. The kind without epinephrine usually only gets people a little numb and only lasts about 30 minutes. I don't think I would ever be able to get someone numb enough to pull their tooth on that kind. Hope everything went ok for you.

This.
  • elisawiestelisawiest member
    edited November 2013
  • Glad you're a-ok! I too had a wisdom tooth pulled, about two weeks ago. He injected a numbing thing, said it was pregnancy safe, and in about 10 min the tooth was out! Never had any pain after or took tylenol, like it never happend :)
    --------------
    "Practice any art, music, singing, dancing, acting, drawing, painting, sculpting, poetry, fiction, essays, reportage, no matter how well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to experience becoming, to find out what's inside you, to make your soul grow." --Kurt Vonnegut
  • elisawiest !!

I am proud of you for going and having it handled....I would be hiding in a different state!
    BabyName TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image""> image
  • I'm glad your appt went well! I saw this post last night and didn't want to leave a random comment, but I was hoping you'd have good luck!
  • Thanks everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"