October 2013 Moms
Options

Victoria is here! (rebc1981)

I was starting to lose hope in an October baby. However yesterday I had my weekly dr appt. Despite all of the contractions I had been having this week it did nothing. I was still nothing more than fingertip dilated. The doc even tried to strip my membranes but that did not work. Please understand I brought my physician husband with me to the appt and he knows my OB because he has delivered 4 or 5 five of the groups (pts) babies.

She said that I was not making progress and that my BP has been "wonky" (even though I told her it is my anxiety). She then suggested we just induce (last night). I agreed to the induction because both my OB and husband explained it is no harm and I will be in a controlled environment which is actually a good thing...I was told to expect an all nighter....NOPE... 5 hours!

Please note on the way to the hospital I posted about the induction and I was happy with my decision. I got a lot of back lash and I do not care. This turned out to be ideal situation.

Cytotec was inserted at 4:50p. Almost immediately I started to feel contrax. They continued to get stronger and stronger and babies heart rate had some decels. I got my epi around 9:50p and I was already a 5. So doc broke my water and there was not much fluid . At this point the epi had not even taken full effect. I kid you not I went from a 5-8 in about 10 mins. I was still feeling pressure/contractions on one side but it was relief. 10 mins later I feeling the urge to push (um I shit on the table which never happened with #1 but the nurses said it was fine). So after my lovely bowel movement the babies head quickly came down. I think it took 4 good pushes and she was out. The cord was wrapped around her neck 2x which is what caused the HR decels. My doc was in shock on how I responded to cytotec but I have not regrets on induction. 

Victoria Elisa was born at 10:14pm on 10-30-13. 6lbs, 15oz and 20 inches long. She is a nursing champ! This is thrilling to me because my son never latched correctly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Victoria is here! (rebc1981)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"