September 2013 Moms

Tracking input/output.

How long are you all tracking your LO's feedings and diaper changes for?

At 6.5 weeks I have been diligently tracking all input (to the minute!), output, and pumping on my trusty Baby Connect App... until last night. I was at a dinner party and the thought of running across the house simply to grab my phone to time our feeding session felt silly under the circumstances. I haven't tracked anything since.

My LO eats and poops/pees like a full grown man, it feels like, so not worried he's getting enough. I am wondering if there are any other reasons I should continue to keep track of this?

Re: Tracking input/output.

• I stopped last week.

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• I've slowed down the last few days. I used to be very diligent at it but I've stopped doing it at night. During the day it's more for remember what side was last
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Loading the player...
  • I Stopped about two weeks ago. She is 6 weeks. As long as it seems like same old same old. I ebf so I just make sure she doesn't go more than 4 hours between feedings. I set a countdown timer on my phone so I don't have to keep track.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I only tracked on the sheet they gave me at the hospital. I kept a general idea of what she was doing and reported to the LC and ped the first week home from the hospital. They said it was perfect, so as long as I don't see any drastic changes from what it has been, I'm not worried.
  • I have been forgeting to log the pee the last few days but I am still tracking the feedings. We had weight gain issues so she has been back to the Dr a lot. At each appt they still ask how many oz how often and number of wet and dirty diapers. I will log the next two weeks until her two month appointment.

• I definitely track #2's for my LO still because she doesn't go every day,..sometimes it a a few days.
  • I stopped after the second week. If I were concerned she wasn't going enough then I would start again.

It also helps that I CD. So I can count diapers when I wash.
    Due September 4th! Pregnancy Ticker
  • I keep a mental note pretty much.  I stopped diligently tracking when she was about 3 weeks.  Like a PP, I also EBF and don't let her go more than 4 hours between feeds.  I also cloth diaper, and can easily count the diapers she goes through when I do wash every 24 hours.
  • andjess11 said:

I never tracked. Just made sure he ate at least every three hours for the first week or so. He's gained weight so quickly we haven't been worried.

Same here
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • We stopped when she reached birth weight at 3 weeks. She's 9 weeks now.
  • I can't remember anything so I track it all. I plan on stopping when she goes to daycare.
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• I like tracking. I have an easy app on my phone to keep track of feeding and diapers. It just helps me make sure she's doing well. It only takes seconds per thing I'm following, so it's not like it's time consuming.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • I track, too. I BF and FF so it helps to know how much of each. I also cannot remember on my own. I keep track of diapers but it's not as much of a priority as feedings. I may stop after her 2 mo appt. She's almost 8 weeks.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I stopped tracking around 3 weeks. He's 5 weeks now. He poops and pees like a champ,so that stopped first. He passed his birth weight and eats pretty regularly, so I stopped tracking feedings next. I started forgetting to enter the info into my app and then decided to just keep a mental tab on everything.
  • I like tracking. I have an easy app on my phone to keep track of feeding and diapers. It just helps me make sure she's doing well. It only takes seconds per thing I'm following, so it's not like it's time consuming.

This. Having a record of what happened when lets us know how he is doing (eating enough by monitoring diapers), lets us plan (especially timing errands around feedings) and the app we use syncs between our phones so we know the information without waking up/calling the other person. (The app also tracks medication s for him and me, has a journal section, tracks symptoms, etc. All around very useful and gross me feel more organized and prepared.)
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I'm still tracking because I had horrible supply issues with my first and I'm anxious about supply.  I just got to a point where I'm not having to give DD2 formula anymore and I am pumping enough to save a little.  I just switched to marking the number of nursing sessions and then pumping output and bottle feedings instead of all the details.  I'll likely continue that for some time to keep an eye on how much I'm pumping since I go back to work next week.
    Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Last time we did for six weeks. This time I stopped when we left the hospital. I felt like I had a better idea of what was right and he pooped constantly so I didn't need to count, lol
    DD: June 2011    DS: September 2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whenever the hospital sheet ran out, so maybe 10 days old or so.

• redfallon said:

I track, too. I BF and FF so it helps to know how much of each. I also cannot remember on my own. I keep track of diapers but it's not as much of a priority as feedings. I may stop after her 2 mo appt. She's almost 8 weeks.

I accidentally flagged you, so sorry!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Toby, my furry baby
  • Bamgal25 said:

redfallon said:

I track, too. I BF and FF so it helps to know how much of each. I also cannot remember on my own. I keep track of diapers but it's not as much of a priority as feedings. I may stop after her 2 mo appt. She's almost 8 weeks.

I accidentally flagged you, so sorry!
    Oh no! It doesn't show one now so seems ok.

I guess I'm stopping tracking today. My dad is in the hospital and I tracked earlier this morning but not the rest of the day. I'm doing alright. Her two months appt is next Tuesday and I was going to stop tracking then anyhow.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I stopped on day 2 at home (so day 5 of his life) when our visiting LC said we didn't need to. He gained weight fast and literally every diaper we change has pee and poop in it.
  • I stopped around 3-4 weeks.
    January 2009: Goodbye TR (13 weeks) February 2010: Welcome DD1! March 2011: Welcome DD2! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"