Breastfeeding

nursing bras overrated?

i got a few, but i just feel like it's so much easier to just pull it up versus unsnapping downward. maybe it's because i'm still at home on my maternity leave, and not so much out and about... but even when i am out, i feel like it's easier to just hike it up. anyone else feel like that? am i just not wearing loose enough tops to make me want to do that? maybe i'll appreciate nursing bras more when my LO is older (he's 6 weeks). hm.

Re: nursing bras overrated?

• amberdt03amberdt03 member
    edited October 2013
    I think nursing tanks are so much better.
    Edit: I pretty much live in them.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• I always felt like the other side of the bra was being pulled up if I tried to just hike one side.  And then I had to adjust everything too much when we were done feeding.  I second PP in loving the nursing tank tops, but when we leave the house I wear a nursing bra and an undercover mama - love them!
  • Loading the player...
  • There's no way I could just hike up a bra. The band would be way too tight on my boob.

I do hate one of my nursing bras that doesn't open entirely. It's pretty useless. Maybe you got one like that?

I also love nursing tanks. But I find I can pull down a few other tanks too and they work well and cheaper than nursing tanks! (If there is no shelf bra I just were a nursing bra under the tank and pull / unbuckle both down. )
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jandacoffee I unhook my nursing tank and stuff a prefold into the bottom and so that most of the prefold is laying in the top of my shirt. And then nurse DS. That way my shirt stays dry and the prefold catches all his dribbles.

I usually do the two shirt deal to the nursing tank is there just to keep my mid section warm.
  • I still wear mine at two years. I also find them more comfortable during the day as I get fuller when time passes, the underwire start to get uncomfortable sooner.
  • Nursing bras have been my one necessity!  I can't imagine breastfeeding with a regular bra.  I do have one reg bra that hook in the center front, so sometimes I do wear that.  But even that is annoying.
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate every nursing bra that I've bought! I just use the tanks that have built in "bras" since I'm not very gifted in that area & wear nursing pads in them. They're super easy to pull down and none of that "one handed clasping" crap that I cannot for the life of me do!! :)
    **Proud Mommy to Elijah Douglas**
          **Angel baby August 2010**
      **Proud Mama of two furbabies**
  • I do find it more comfy to just take the bra off instead of pulling it down, when Im home anyway. But I prefer tanks when home, much more comfy!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
  • I personally love my nursing bras. It's much easier for me than hiking up.
  • OkieMamaOkieMama member
    edited November 2013
    I'm a fan of nursing bras. There is a bit of a learning curve on some of the clasps but never anything too difficult IMO. Tanks are ok but I leaked a lot especially at the beginning so I never felt like they held things in tight enough. I have a couple that lost their shape or were uncomfortable and I wouldn't buy again, but I love love love my clip down sports bra from Motherhood Maternity, it is comfortable and super flattering, I didn't change size much even nursing I'm about a 34b just for reference. I actually just bought two more of those (they have fun colors now!) and we're at 15 months. I can't imagine going through the past year in regular bras. It'll be weird when I ever go back.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"