Babies on the Brain
Options

What is on your Christmas shopping list?

I am trying to figure out what to get Allie and a few others on my list. I need ideas. 

Re: What is on your Christmas shopping list?

• Options
    DS is only 2 so my list probably won't be much help, but I think his big gift this year might be a play kitchen (it was a work/tool bench but the neighbor sold us one for $5 a few months ago) or the little tikes basketball hoop.  Last year his big gifts were a pottery barn chair and a cozy coupe truck.    Smaller gifts will be things like art supplies and Thomas the train stuff.   DD will be 3 months so I've got no clue what we'll give her.  Our house is already overrun will C's stuff so I'm fighting the need to purge before bringing in round 2.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    No kids of our own (yet) but we've got 2 nephews ages 13 months and 16 months. The boys are constantly playing with their parents iPad or iPhones and I'm not a fan of it... I bundle them up and take them outside any chance I get. I guess I'm the "boring" aunt because we usually get them wooden blocks, shape sorters, push cars, books, and clothes.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF does Christmas shopping have to do with your nephews playing with iproducts and going outside? It must suck to be alone on that judge mental high horse.
  • Options
    my nephews (6 and 8) are super into LEGO everything.  So they will be getting a set each.  My niece (3) is all about princesses, yet she loves sports too, so not sure what to get her.  I may get her some legos as well.

We usually get them a "group" gift - a DVD or video game or something. 
  • Options
    At 3 my DD loved dress-up clothes. She still does at 6. You can't go wrong there.
  • Options
    We got r a telescope, craft supplies, board games, easy reader books, a cd player and some CDs. We combined their Santa present this year and got a huge fish tank for the living room for them. I think I'm more excited about it then they will be :-)
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Options
    Allie has all of that, but the fish. I don't think H is big on the fish idea. 
  • Options
    Ugh, I haven't even started thinking about this.  We got my MIL a hand painted silk scarf from the Festival on Ponce last weekend.  I'm thinking some sort of kitchen set for DS and probably some sort of sensory board.  Tickets to the Pixies at the Buckhead Theater for DH.  That's all I've got so far.
  • Options
    No clue. J is really hard to shop for this year. She has every big item she needs- bike, laptop, sewing machine, ipod, etc... The only thing she expresses wanting is a cell phone and that's a big NO! I will be getting her Just Dance 3 or 4 for the Wii, but I'm stumped other than that.

G is getting a play kitchen and accessories. My mom is getting a glass bottle soda stream. If we can find a good deal, my sister will be getting a GPS system.

Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    bugandbibsbugandbibs member
    edited October 2013
    Dup
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    Ugh, I haven't even started thinking about this.  We got my MIL a hand painted silk scarf from the Festival on Ponce last weekend.  I'm thinking some sort of kitchen set for DS and probably some sort of sensory board.  Tickets to the Pixies at the Buckhead Theater for DH.  That's all I've got so far.
    Buckhead Theater is gorgeous!  We were there a few weeks ago. 
  • Options
    We really don't have any LO's to buy gifts for.  The only people who exchange a gift in DH family is his parents and us.  Everyone else we all just send each a Christmas card.  On my side of the family we exchange gifts with my parents and my sister.  Our gifts to my parents is usually some type of collectible silver coin/bar, and that's the same for my sister.  We usually end up getting something we need/want from my parents (last year we got a massive deep freezer, this year we would like a new weed whip) along with silver and my sister gets us either silver or a gift card to some restaurant in the area. Pretty boring for most other people, lol. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options

WTF does Christmas shopping have to do with your nephews playing with iproducts and going outside? It must suck to be alone on that judge mental high horse.

Whoa... Was commenting that I prefer to buy them non-electronics and play with them outside. If their parents choose to let them play with electronics that's their business but I prefer to play outside with them..,

Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    Thanks for the idea!  I am thinking that may be the way to go!  She has a lot of princess dress up stuff, but maybe I can find some other stuff she'd like!
  • Options

Whoa... Was commenting that I prefer to buy them non-electronics and play with them outside. If their parents choose to let them play with electronics that's their business but I prefer to play outside with them..,

No. You were judging their parenting style.
  • Options

No. You were judging their parenting style.
    We see them only a few times a year. Since we don't get much time together I prefer to gift them things that are interactive between us instead of sitting watching them play video games at less then 2 years old. If that's a judgement, fine.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options

No kids of our own (yet) but we've got 2 nephews ages 13 months and 16 months. The boys are constantly playing with their parents iPad or iPhones and I'm not a fan of it... I bundle them up and take them outside any chance I get.

That has nothing to do with gifts. It has everything to do with you disapproving of parenting styles.

• Options

No kids of our own (yet) but we've got 2 nephews ages 13 months and 16 months. The boys are constantly playing with their parents iPad or iPhones and I'm not a fan of it... I bundle them up and take them outside any chance I get.

That has nothing to do with gifts. It has everything to do with you disapproving of parenting styles.

My intent was to explain why we choose the gifts that we do. If you're offended by that then there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Not sure what kind of response you're looking for...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    Here let me help you..

"I am not a fan of young kids playing with electronics. That is why I am the boring aunt. My nephews will get books, blocks, clothes, and things to make them use their imaginations."

I'm not looking for anything, but your Christmas gift ideas.
  • Options
    I am getting my brother (6 yrs old) a scooter, my godson (14 months) a wagon. Also getting them both some clothes, pajamas and books. My brothers girlfriends daughter will probably be getting a tea set from me, she's 3. I haven't decided what to get her 4 year old son yet.

Anniversary 

• Options
    I'm terrible at Christmas shopping, I prefer to have an actual list to shop from, and not to try to have to guess.  For my nieces/nephews, I always call their parents to ask exactly what to get them. 

Love the holidays, but I hate shopping.
  • Options
    kelle017kelle017 member
    edited October 2013
    I got most of the shopping for the kids done in August thanks to the target toy clearance (and i wasn't sure how much I'd want to get out with anew baby) My 3 1/2 year old nephew is getting play dough stuff (and probably th lorax DVD that. I won) My 1 year old niece is getting a plastic Sesame Street tea set My nephew who will be 8 months is getting a walker thing My 8 year old niece is getting a jewelry making kit and a slime making kit. Eleanor is probably getting the same walker thing since I bought 2 and maybe some books H is probably getting a DVD and hunting clothes Our parents will probably get some sort of photo gift of Eleanor Siblings probably a gift card to a favorite store.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DD1 (8) is getting a bunk bed and Disney Infinity for the Xbox.  

DD2 (18mo at Christmas) is getting a play kitchen and grocery cart.  

DH (foodie and awesome cook) is getting a subscription to Mantry, a boutique food service.  

We're all getting an Xbox One to share.  :)

ILs and parents will get gifts from Zingerman's (probably bread and bacon clubs).

Santa will bring everyone books, and maybe some little things like socks, gloves, etc,
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I feel you on the divorced thing. A has 8 grandparents, 2 great grandparents, and a few of my dad's exes who still maintain relationships with me. She also has my extended family. Every year she gets over 5 baskets at Easter. One year she got 11. Spoiled doesn't touch this kid. Rotten to the core is a better way to put it.
  • Options
    Duplos.  Everyone is getting duplos.  I have a 3 year old, a 17 month old, and four nieces and nephews between the ages of 5 and 2.

photo 2c2eea5b-cb3d-4ba5-8e22-39fd2841956b_zps4ux1rnnr.jpg

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    This year DS (two) is really into legos and Jake so he will be getting the rest of those.  Also a fishing pole for next spring/summer and clothes from us.  Oh ya and I got him one of those mats that look like roads.  He is the only little one on both sides of the family so I try not to get him to many toys because that is what gparents, aunts and uncles like to buy!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    She has no kids.  She knows everything about kids and electronics.

I seriously wanted to cry when our tablet broke. I haven't taken a shit without a 2 year old handing me toilet paper and flushing while I'm still sitting down since that.
    That and I would never make it though the grocery store without my phone for him to play games on!  That and on longer car rides, waiting at the doc those kinds of things.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    I'm getting my 18mo niece a cabbage patch doll or some kind of "baaaaby" as she calls it. My 3yo nephew is completely in love with basketball. There's only so many balls and goals you can buy so he is getting some new Air Jordan shoes. Between his shoes and his basketball warmup clothes, it's his form of dress up.
    For my mom, I found a signed copy of the Pioneer Woman's new holiday cookbook. Other than that I haven't found other gifts.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"