September 2013 Moms

pp visit

Another pp checkup question. Did you take your little one with you? On the paper my doc gave me it said they love to see the baby at the visit. If I did take him in...would I take someone else with me to watch him?

Re: pp visit

• I took baby and didn't bring someone else. She mostly slept. I fed her right before.
    4 years TTC including countless tests, 2 surgeries, and one failed IUI
    Scheduled IVF for April 2013--SURPRISE, don't need it! DD Born 9/7/13 
    Ectopic pregnancy Sep/Oct 2014 ended in surgery, and many trips to the ER
    Miracle #3: EDD 11/28/16

• I took my lo on my own. He slept the whole time but my lo goes to sleep immediately in his car seat
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm friends with the gals at the office so they took her, but DH was with just in case.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • K thanks good to know. Just feels like as soon as I get anywhere with my lil man its time for him to eat!
  • I nursed in the exam room before the doctor saw me. It was NBD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS is way too unpredictable with his tantrums so I took him to my mom's house.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Dh came with us but LO wasn't interested in being held by him so I held her throughout the whole exam. It really wasn't weird at all and the dr acted like it happened all the time that way. LO hares get car seat so that wasn't an option for us either.
  • I took DD by myself and fed her before I left the house. My OB was behind and I had an almost two hour wait. I ended up whipping out a boob as soon as they put me into the exam room. OB chatted with me for a bit while DD nursed, then her assistant held her while OB did her stuff. No big deal.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I took DS by myself...nursed him before I left and prayed he would fall asleep before my appt...he didn't and actually had a screaming meltdown DURING my exam. My Dr (I love her!) picked him up and calmed him, and made me feel better by saying most babies cry during mommy's exam, HAHA!! They let me hangout in my exam room afterwards to cuddle him before I left.
    Lilypie - (wpJS)

Kelsey Johnston's photo.  image  image 
    Lilypie - (6yLP)

• I brought DD by myself. I nursed her in the exam room before the Dr came in. We chatted while she finished eating. Then she offered to let me keep holding her during the exam or put her back in the carseat. I opted to put her in the seat and she was fine. She started to fuss once and my Dr. calmed her right down. I'm pretty sure they're SUPER used to it. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 since May 2012 
    BFP#1 6/2/12 EDD 2/17/13 Natural M/C 6/19/12
    BFP#2 10/30/12 EDD 7/12/13 CP 11/2/12 
    BFP#3 11/29/12 EDD 8/10/13 CP 12/2/12 
    BFP#4 12/26/12 EDD 9/7/13 
    1/18/13 HB 140! GROW BABY GROW!

Welcome to the world Little Girl! Born on her due date! September 8, 2013, 7lb 11.8oz, 19.5" long. 

image image

image image

**PgAL/PAL welcome**
  • Today was my appt and took little one with me on my own. She did fine, I'm sure if your little one acts fussy they'll understand.
  • DH came with me but I didn't really need him. Fed Caleb right before we left and he slept in his carseat the entire time. The staff still enjoyed cooing at him, though. :)
  • I took her with me. She had a meltdown just as the exam was starting so we nursed WHILE during the exam. It was the first and hopefully the last. The doctors were thrilled to meet her, but I forgot every question that I had for them. I will go sans baby next time!
  • She came with me, but right around the time they called be back she got fussy, so she stayed in the waiting room with DH.
  • I'm the idiot who doesn't know what the question is.  Is pp "post partum"?  Like you get your lady bits examined or something?

I had my stitches manually removed at 5 and 6 week visits with my midwife.  I just held Auli with my feet in stirrups, let her suck my finger, and she was perfectly happy.
  • I left the LO at home. I would guess they are used to most mommas bringing baby though.
  • I took LO with me and left him in the car seat. I am surprised but you don't see many babies at the OB office. I was the only one there with a newborn but he slept the whole time.

• I took him and went by myself.  He napped in his car seat most of the time and I held him the rest.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I brought her. She ate in the waiting room so she was happy during my appt.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Lol I brought my 2 year old to all of my prenatal visits. He's way crazier than any newborn! I'll have him and DD with me at my pp appointment. Whatever scene they may cause, it's better, to me, than paying for a babysitter.
    Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"