2nd Trimester

Anterior Placenta

So i'm a FTM and at our A/S we found out we're having a happy healthy baby Girl!! US tech also mentioned that I had an Anterior Placenta, which explained why even at 20 weeks I was still questioning some of the things i was feeling as baby vs gas. Now im sitting here at 24 weeks and i can mostly tell all her movements vs my guts shifting around, but still no kicks or rolling elbows for Dad to feel! I was really hoping to be feeling more on the 'outside' at this point! Any other moms have Anterior placenta stories for me? when you finally felt/saw baby moving from the outside? Don't know if it matters but she was only 59th percentile size wise, which the doctor said was no big deal of course but maybe she's just Still not big enough to make a dent in my extra fluffiness? 

Re: Anterior Placenta

• I had AP with both viable pregnancies. It wasn't until the very end that outside eyes/hands could see/feel baby. I would say 35 weeks on.

It could also matter how you carry. If your uterus is tilted & how baby is facing at any particular moment. I know you are eager to share those little wiggles with your SO. Patience!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have an anterior placenta. I can feel him a little bit now but DH can't and it makes him so sad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Had anterior placenta both times. Stinks you can't feel as much as you would like. Movements on the outside not till much later

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I don't think it plays a roll in baby size. I had an anterior placenta and baby girl was born full term (a whole day early) and weighted 8lbs 6oz.

As for movement, I am plus size and will say that I didn't feel much of anything till 24-26 weeks.

I am not preggers with number 2 and think that I have felt some movement this time, but it was also mentioned to me that it looked like the placenta was attaching to the back this time.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I was closer to 30 weeks with my son. Because of the AP, we actually had quite a few scares that landed us in labor and delivery because I couldn't always feel him moving! But by around 30 weeks, you could visibly see his little butt or foot or whatever poking out on occasion. That's really when my FI said he could finally feel him moving.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an AP with my first.  Honestly I thought it was hooey that it made a big difference in movement...until I was pregnant for the second time and experienced the difference ;)  I still felt (and saw later on) plenty of movement from the outside.  I felt movement about when everyone else seemed to but I'm slim - not sure how much difference that makes.  It will come!
  • I never saw movement from the outside, but had big movements around 30 weeks until the end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"