Pregnant after 35
Options

39 tomorrow and 5 weeks!

Just got my second round of tests :) Progesterone went from 124 to 430 in tow days.. super hopeful. Has been a long year!!!!

Re: 39 tomorrow and 5 weeks!

• Options
    Congrats and Happy Birthday! :)
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Yay!! Happy Birthday! <:-P
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations & Happy Birthday!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    What a nice birthday present!  Welcome and congratulations.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Congrats and sounds good so far!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday! I'm 39 and starting week 5. Nervous and not sure how I can wait till my first appt which dr didn't schedule until dec 3!!
  • Options
    That seems really late for a first appt at our age. I learned through MC experience last year you have to push them and demand an appt for at least blood work to make sure levels are rising appropriately and then for a 6 week ultra sound. If they say no go to a different dr.

I miscarried last year and it would have been way less painful I I had asked more questions and pushed them.

Further more- if your progesterone is low, they can supplement earlier than 10 weeks which is when your first appt is.

Push them. You have every right to !

Good luck and yayyy for us!!! Happy 5 weeks ;)
  • Options
    I just called dr again and they said even tho I'm 39 that they still don't need to see me until week 9/10 but call if anything doesn't seem right. I will be a ball of nerves till then. I think I'll also call my family dr :)
  • Options
    Feeling a little better, my primary physician is seeing me on Nov 19 so at least I can get him to run some tests and check my thyroid before my Dec 3 OB appt.
  • Options
    I am glad you called;) it's just good to know everything is going okay as you go along! It doesn't hurt them to do so - so why not give you peace of mind ;)
    Peace of mind is worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"