February 2014 Moms
Options

Bummer....ugernt care NBR

I swear I have thee worst days. I'm currently in urgent care because my ankle began hurting like hell to the point I can't walk (It's been gettig progressively worse over the last 3 days) and they basically can't help. No X-ray because I'm expecting, no meds because I'm expecting and don't like meds. It's on a bony process so it can definitely be a fracture or something . They wrapped it with an ace and gave me an ortho shoe, neither of which seem to be helping. I can go to my pcp if it continues to bother me and we can decide if an X-ray is worth the risk :(... I'm crippled and bummed out

Re: Bummer....ugernt care NBR

• Options
    On no! Do you recall doing anything that could have injured it or is it an old injury? Either way, I hope you can get it checked out soon!
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • Options
    They can x/ray you with little risk. They just have to cover you and your belly with a lead cover. I just sprained and dislocated my ankle. They gave me tylenol with hydrocodone. I ended up taking 2 from the bottle, but that's what minor care gave me.

I hope you feel better. I am in SC and here UC's will not treat you if you are pregnant. Sorry. I'd just make an appt for your regular doctor asap. Frrl better.

*BFP m/c  *BFP b/g twins *S/B 20w  *BFP DS A  1-12-12  *BFP m/c  *BFP m/c  *BFP *It's a boy again* EDD 2-5-14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
                       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. Sorry for all of the typos. I mobile bump and clearly don't spell check lol. I will definitely be calling my pcp. I was told I can take Tylenol , which I knew, but have been trying to avoid. I'm thinking ill take a few and see if they help at all. If it's not better in the next day or so I guess I'll head to the doc. The PA made but seem like the X-ray wasnt worth the risk. I should've just gone to er
  • Options
    Oh no!  I am also crazy about meds while pregnant.  I broke my toe a couple weeks ago and DH couldn't believe I didn't take anything for it.  I just taped it to the one next to it and hopped around for a few days :)  I hope it feels better soon!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    I agree with mamacrunch, cover everything up and x-Ray that sucker. If it's hurting that bad I think it's pretty important. Feel better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with the PPs about covering up and X-raying that. If you are in pain, you should know what's wrong. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That sucks. Personally, I'd give it a few days rest and ice and see how it's doing before going for an X-ray. Are you able to stay off it for a day or two to see if it improves? Also, if ice makes it hurt worse that's usually a sign there could be a fracture. Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree with PP about the x-Ray too. can you borrow crutches from anyone for a while to help you stay off it?
  • Options
    I broke my elbow while pregnant with DD#2. My belly was double leaded and I had an X-ray. She's totally fine now :) You should be ok for an X-ray now.
    I wouldn't want to be walking around on an air cast if it really is broken. You could end up doing more damage.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm kinda miffed that I have to pay the uc copay and they did absolutely nothing! The boot definitely helps me keep my weight off of it but I really think it needs to be thoroughly evaluated
  • Options
    you guys are awesome. Thanks Katy! what about an MRI? I should be seeing my doc tomorrow.... The pain is becoming unbearable
  • Options
    I injured my arm/wrist over the weekend. I swore it was fractured. Went to urgent care, got an x-ray and there was NO FRACTURE! The Dr., the nurses and I were shocked! My arm and fingers were extremely swollen therefore, extremely painful. They put me in a brace, said no pain meds, to ice it a lot and take Tylenol. I called my OB crying as soon as I left because I was in so much pain. She
    Told me that urgent care staff are "sissy's" about prescribing meds to pregnant women. She prescribed me Norco. I took one and I felt extremely drugged up but my arm still was hurting a lot! I haven't taken anymore I'm just dealing with the pain and it sucks. Being hurt and pregnant is awful :(
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"