September 2013 Moms
Options

Cleaning breast pump parts

Hey ladies!

I've been seeing some info on putting your breast pump parts in the fridge in a baggie after each using and washing at the end of the day. Can I just put the whole set up, shields, valves, membranes and all in there? I'd love to do this instead of washing after every single use. Please tell me what you do as this is the first I've heard of this.

Thank you
Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cleaning breast pump parts

• Options
    My LC said I had to wash them after each use. I've got a little plastic tub that I put them in. I just rinse after each use then put in the soapy water then rinse after they've soaked for awhile. They also make quick clean wipes that I've bought for going back to work
  • Options
    I throw the entire sucker in the fridge and clean once I get home.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, The whole thing can go in the fridge. I just take the milk off and cap it (don't pump new milk into old), and put the rest of the setup in a bowl or bag in the fridge.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is so nice to hear! Such a time saver. Thank you ladies!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This never even occurred to me! Makes sense though.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Options
    Feel free to flame me, but I don't even put them in the fridge. You can leave BM out at room temperature for 8 hours and it's still safe to feed. We hired a private LC who came to our house with DS and she recommended this. I just put in a grocery bag between pumpings and wash at the end of the day. Worked for me. I BF and pumped for him for 14 months. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Feel free to flame me, but I don't even put them in the fridge. You can leave BM out at room temperature for 8 hours and it's still safe to feed. We hired a private LC who came to our house with DS and she recommended this. I just put in a grocery bag between pumpings and wash at the end of the day. Worked for me. I BF and pumped for him for 14 months. 

Well I could definitely be flamed. I didn't even know this was a thing. When I finish pumping I just put the parts in the sink and then load them in the dishwasher whenever I get around to it. My pump is a closed system if that matters...

Due September 4th! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LC said I could leave them out for 8 hours. But I rinse them each time at least.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"