November 2013 Moms

Trick, Treat, NO TREATS FOR YOU!

Has anyone else read or seen about this today?

https://momswhodrinkandswear.com/2013/10/30/free-speech-trick-treat-north-dakota-chick-wrong/

*CAUTION* She curses in the article.

I'm in the mood to spark some debate and discussion on this so...GO. I'll chime in in a bit.

#LOLFITMAMA

Re: Trick, Treat, NO TREATS FOR YOU!

• I saw this as well on a local news website... Who does this lady think she is telling her neighborhood how to raise and feed their children.  I do think it is a parents responsibility to give a healthy diet (easier said than done) to their children, but I think she crossed a line...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What. a. bitch.  I totally agree that childhood obesity is a problem-- but embarrassing a kid in front of their friends for what is probably one less fun size candy bar is not the solution.  Childhood obesity is usually a result of the parents decisions (especially at the age of trick-or-treaters).  

If she's so concerned about it why doesn't she hand out organic fruit snacks/fruit leather, pretzels, Goldfish crackers, juice boxes, etc. to EVERY KID.  It's obviously a more healthful option than candy and doesn't require embarrassing kids that don't meet her standards.  
  • MsCrispyMsCrispy member
    edited October 2013

I read this earlier this morning and think it is horrible. Childhood obesity is a huge problem, but I don't think Halloween is the problem.

Do these kids get to participate in Thanksgiving too? That holiday is all around food and eating as well.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • This lady is crazy!! I read this earlier today and about lost my mind. "Asshattery" indeed!! If you are going to discriminate, discriminate against the 20 year olds dressed in regular clothes, wearing only a mask. Leave the children out of it! It's one night, let them have their fun!

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• babymama619babymama619 member
    edited October 2013
    It's not her job to parent anyone else's kids or to tell anyone else how to parent. If she's so upset about obesity-candy relationship why doesn't she hand out raisins or tiny bottles of water or quarters FFS.

• nciesla said:

My heart would BREAK for the child or children in their group of friends watching all their "obviously more fit" friends (according to this woman's standards) get candy while they get this note. It makes me want to cry.

Especially because kids can read! I wonder how any conversations start with "you forgot my (my kids) bag". What a cunt.

• Eww what a bitch! I can't even imagine. If you don't want to pass out candy just turn out your porch light, no need to spread that negative attitude.
    @brittannie19 I think she needs to get TP (throat punched) too!
  • First, the lady who wrote the note is a total bitch.

Second, I want to start using the phrase "fresh fuckery" in my everyday life
    <Image and video hosting by TinyPic>

Married to DH since 4/2008, mommy to three beautiful boys 9/09, 10/11, 11/13
  • I really want to believe that no one could be as vile as to pass out that note to children. What a way to start food issues.

Instead of eggs some one should throw serving spoons of lard at her house.

• If my child came home with this letter I would stomp my ass right down to her front door and shove the balled up letter directly down her self righteous throat.  Then I'd probably kick her in the crotch just for shits and giggles.  How DARE she take it upon herself to decide what a child should and shouldn't receive.  I hate this bitch.  Like, a LOT.

bitch gif photo: Slap the bitch MadMenSlap.gif

Me 39, DH 40. Married on 9/18/2010 and have been TTC since. IVF # 1-7/13/2012, 15 retreived, 6 fertilized, 2 transferred, 4 frozen. BFP Natural MC 9/10 IVF#2, FET - 12/3/201 2 - 3 transferred, BFP! Natural MC 12/25/2012 IFV #3, 2/27/2013 - 3 transferred, BFP! TWINS!!! Loss of one twin 3/20/13.One sticky hanging on!Pregnancy%20ticker
    imageimage

• If my kid came home with this letter I would kick her to satan's front doorstep. That is so evil and rude. Who does she think she is telling obese children not to trick or treat? I agree with Fluttergirlmoonchild79, one night of trick or treating is not going to change .one. damn. thing.
  • woo...that author does have a mouth on her doesn't she. lol.

That being said, I'm quite a pacifist, but I too would be stomping off to the door of that lady that wrote such a stupid letter and going off on her too.  What a rotten, rotten person. 
    Indeed, that is the house to sic the teenagers on with plenty of eggs and TP.
  • If my child received this you better bet my ass would be wearing an orange jumpsuit for Halloween because I'd be in county lock up for punching that cuntrag in her dirty healthy mouth!
    BLAD reppin'

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"