June 2013 Moms
Options

NBR Healthy food ?

Ok ladies, I need help. I need healthy breakfast food items. I can't have milk so cereal is out. And I dint have time to cook any thing in the morning. Right I have a box of pop tarts stashed in the fridge next to the bottle so I done even have to go across the kitchen to the cabinet.

Foods that are out: cereal, yogurt, anything you have to cook (eggs, etc.)
Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 

Re: NBR Healthy food ?

• Options
    can you do a smoothie with almond milk? You can also use orange juice or apple juice, or even water. Lots of fruit and maybe even some kale and then a piece of toast with peanut or almond butter for protein.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I know you said stuff you have to cook is out but I sautee an entire bag of frozen peppers/onions and spinach on Sunday and then make a couple egg and cheese omelets.  I bring it to work and add the veggies to the egg and heat it in the microwave.  It's not as good as a fresh omelet but it works. 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess I'm wired because I only eat cereal without milk. Plain Cheerios with a cut up banana, yum! Other than that, peanut butter on toast or crackers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    araziza said:
    I guess I'm wired because I only eat cereal without milk. Plain Cheerios with a cut up banana, yum! Other than that, peanut butter on toast or crackers.
    This is what I do too.  I almost never have milk on my cereal... so it is dry Crispix mixed with blueberries. Delish!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    I can do peanut butter somehow.

I can't find an almond or coconut milk that I like the taste of. I don't know how any if you can drink that stuff. :/

I have zero time in the kitchen in the morning. I get up at 4:50 and walk out the door by 5:45. In that hour I have to get myself ready, pump and feed E, and get her ready. I don't have time to make anything at all. I don't even do coffee.

I can do dry cereal sometimes but it's always the unhealthy ones like fruit loops.

I'll give fruit cups a try again.

Smoothies take wayyyy too much time. So does oatmeal. Anything over 5 mins is too much for me in the morning. I'm not a morning person. I'm a grouch. lol

Thank you all for the suggestions!

• Options

I make a pan of baked oatmeal on Sunday (super easy) and then just eat it all week.  All you have to do is heat it up (if that).

I also like peanut butter on a bagel (can make the night before) and granola bars.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    My LO is apparently sensitive to tree nuts so I don't get to eat these as long as I'm breastfeeding, but I used to live on them:  Clif Mojo bars.   Just grab one (or two) and go.  Super easy and I love pretty much all the flavors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=clif+mojo+bars&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=clif+mojo+bars&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop

I typically get them at the grocery store or at Sam's/Costco/BJ's in bulk.  They're about a dollar each and you get a little bit of chocolate, white chocolate, etc with breakfast, but I still consider it healthy at about 200 calories per bar and a decent amount of protein.
  • Options

@murphie82 I LIVE on the quaker chewy granola bars. I eat 3-4 a day as snacks. I shouldn't because they are whole oats and i already have an oversupply but they are so.freakin,good.

• Options
    I do bagels or waffles as the bread for pbj. I also eat dry cereal or granola and just pack it in a ziplock. And canned fruit, the ones in juice, not syrup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"