October 2013 Moms

Letting LO stay overnight with Grandparents?

When did you agree to let LO stay overnight without you?

November: Doing my own thing

Re: Letting LO stay overnight with Grandparents?

• My first was 1, when dh and I went on a vacation to Hawaii.
  • DD1 had her first overnight around 5 months. I was hesitant because she was still not sttn then. This was pre sleep training. But my mom insisted. My sister was in town with her daughter. So my mom kept both the girls. And my sister, DH and I went to see twilight. Lol.

She didn't have another over night until after we sleep trained. She ha had many since. Mostly with my parents or the ILs.
  • Loading the player...
  • A year and a half.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • After they were twoish.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not yet. Ds is 25 months
  • Just curious, what are the reasons for some of y'all waiting so long?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
  • The first overnight was around a year. It was literally jusy during sleep time as I picked her up first thing in the morning. Then not again until 2 years old. I just feel LO is only little for so long, why do I need to stay away from her. But that's just my opinion. I also feel before the first year, our LOs need us so much. Its not worth it to me to throw off their comfort and routine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had DS1 as a teen and lived at my parents.  Their house is essentially two houses connected by a door.  So they lived in one half and DS and I lived in the other half.  So there was no real staying over.

With LO my mom is asking to keep him already.  He will be 1 month on Nov. 5th.  I'm not ready for him to be out of my sight just yet, but it definitely won't be as long as a year or two. 

• Not until the were over 1.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not yet, and DS1 is almost 2.5.

• My mom offered to take DD so I could catch up on sleep after a really bad night.  We decided she would just stay here to watch her instead.  At this point, we wanted to keep her in her familiar environment.  We have a wedding to go to for a night in December, so that will be the first night she stays at my mom's. However, my mom is an NICU nurse, so I am very comfortable with her with the baby. 

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• I am EBF, so not for a very long time!
  • Dd1 was 7 months because we were in a wedding. The next time was right before a year for an anniversary trip. I dont know with this baby because no one wants to take two kids for a night.

I just never felt the need to have them stay the night away. Catching up on sleep meant someone else lost out on it (grandma) and being EBF it was more hassle than it was worth.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I already let him stay at my moms he was 3 weeks old. H and I needed sleep really bad and my mom is literally 5 minutes away plus we don't have an extra bed here for her to have stayed with us. I trust my mom more than anyone besides my H.
  • DD1 ten months
    DD2 she was about one
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Minevwill probably be around 2 months since we will need someone to watch her on a sun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Pj still hasn't slept out. Mostly bc His grandparents want to take him after he regularly sleeps through the night...which still isn't the case.

• She was 3 years old. We lived out of the country until she was 1. I wouldn't be able to leave overnight anytime during the first year.That's just me personally.

After almost 3 years of IF and a crazy roadside delivery, we are loving life with our second beautiful daughter! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• He was over 1. I think 18 months. I BF until 19 months and nursing was part of his bedtime routine so I wasn't ready to leave him before then. I have no immediate plans to leave DD with my parents overnight. It'll be a ways off.

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • When DS was 10 months we did. He was EBF up to that point and had finally started to take a sippy cup. my in laws stayed at our house while we stayed in a hotel about 45 minutes away for our anniversary.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• I ebf and DS was about 3 mos old (he's 3 and 1/2). When I was not preg with dd he states about once every other month or so they way DH and I could have date night. Dont see why the reason to wait so long. He did great and still does. I feel if we would have waited longer he would have had a harder time with it.
  • H's are out of state so this has very little chance of happening, ever.  If my Mom were up to it, I'd let her whenever she wanted but I'd like him to be a little less to deal with before he went over there.
  • AT grandmas, not yet (20.5 mos). When I was in the hosp with this little one my mom stayed at my house with her.

I don't let her stay at my parents house because they are borderline hoarders and their house is filthy. I don't want her staying at IL's bc MIL already watches her m-f and basically tries to be her mom and undermines me all the time. I don't need DD there more than she has to.

• DS1 was 3 months. We had an out of town wedding and I had pumped enough to last the whole weekend. I would not have left him that early otherwise. DS2 will not have sleep overs anytime soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My son was three when he spent the night at his grandparents. Everyone that has watched him has always come over here and stayed at our house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"