January 2014 Moms

Shower dress...tights or no tights?

Hi ladies, I need some fashion advice.  I picked up this dress for my shower (Nov 10) and the holidays (work party).  Since it's pretty chilly in upstate NY now, do you think it would look less classy to wear leggings underneath?  I am not sure how I feel about stuffing myself into pantyhose or tights.  Also my feet have been swelling so the thought of not wearing anything on bottom is making me feel self-conscious.

The dress:
https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=97600Z30022&MasterCategory_Id=MC3

Also what is everyone else wearing for their shower(s) and the holidays?  I may just scrap this dress altogether!
TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
9/17 SA: count improved
TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
IUI#1 11/17 BFN
IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower dress...tights or no tights?

• I would probably suffer through tights, because of the season and length of dress. Doesn't Motherhood sell tights? I think leggings would be the wrong look unless you wore heeled boots.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • ccip82ccip82 member
    edited October 2013

I wear tights or pantyhose any time I wear a dressier skirt/dress. I am weird like that. I love that dress-especially the color. You could easily wear a cute black cardigan and black tights or nude pantyhose with that to stay warm.

Great choice!

Edited for words

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Loading the player...
  • I think it would look cute with tights or panty hose!!

I have no idea what I'm wearing to my shower but I still have a few weeks to figure that out. Mine is scheduled for Nov 23rd.

Married 10-20-12 | First Baby Due 1-22-14 | Team PINK | Me (29) Hubby (33)

BabyFruit Ticker 

January 2014 | December Siggy Challenge | Favorite Christmas Movie: "It Nearly Wasn't Christmas"

• Love this dress!! and I agree that tights might be your best bet.

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• I think tights would look best with this dress. Just rem to cross your ankles and not spread your legs like I did!!! ( I was wearing leggings with my dress but photos look awful. Lol)
  • The dress is adorable and I agree that tights would probably look best
  • I think it depends on the shoes. You won't look as classy if there's a gap between your leggings and shoes. Probably tights are the safest bet.
    DS1 12/30/13
    Miscarriage 3/15 at 10 weeks
    BFP 7/23/15 EDD 4/3/16

• I would add tights and a cardigan or shrug for the holiday party, but for your shower I would choose something that you are more comfortable in. I would find like a tunic dress or sweater dress with leggings for your shower. Good Luck!
  • I bought this same dress and I'm planning on shoving myself into tights, unfortunately.
  • The dress is very pretty, don't scrap it! But I agree with everyone else, gotta go with tights!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with @MarBee1214 about the patterned black tights. I would definitely not wear leggings with that dress. Definitely not.
  • I got a pair of maternity tights and they are comfortable. I thing tights or even a pattern pair like the ones MarBee pointed out would work well :-) pretty dress!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would probably suffer through tights, because of the season and length of dress. Doesn't Motherhood sell tights? I think leggings would be the wrong look unless you wore heeled boots.

This.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I bought this dress for my cousins wedding last week! It was still warm so I went without tights, but I'm planning on wearing it for my shower and I'll wear tights then. It's super comfy!

___________________________________________________________________________________________ Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I got the same dress and wore it for my shower last Sunday! I absolutely love this dress because its a similar style dress I normally wear (Banana Republic, oh how I miss thee!).  I wound up dragging my mother to Destination Maternity so I could buy Spanx pantyhose and they were super comfortable.  I initially bought their tights but I really didn't like they way they looked with the dress.  I also wore flats even though I wanted to wear my heels so badly...so glad I did!
  • They have patterned maternity tights like the ones above ay motherhood for under $10.  I'd go that way..
  • What about opaque black tights? Best of both worlds-they'd be fancier than leggings but give you more coverage than panty hose.
  • LuGal623 I bought this dress for my shower too (which also happens to be in upstate NY on 11/9). I plan on wearing tights and a black shrug. You have great taste.  ;-)

imageimage

• Thanks ladies for all the sound fashion advice, I will need to go back to Motherhood now on the hunt for maternity tights!  I just couldn't see myself stuffing my swollen feet and fat legs into regular pantyhose...but I'm down for maternity ones especially since they are cheaper than I thought.
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"