Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Why?

My daughter is 3 and a half months and she was sleeping basically all night and now suddenly she hardly sleeps again.why? Any thoughts on wat to do?

Re: Why?

• Options
    My DS1 did the same thing. From what I remember, 4 mo is when their sleep cycles change and that can disrupt their sleep. It's totally normal. This is when you'll want to encourage LO to sleep continuously through the night without too much intervention by you. If you haven't already, try to put her down drowsy but awake so she feels comfortable falling back to sleep in her bed. Rocking, nursing, etc until she's completely asleep every time can become habits that are hard to break. Ferber is a controversial name around here, but his book has a lot of great info about baby sleep that you can utilize without ever doing CIO. GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd say that your LO has probably just hit their 4 month wakeful early. 
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Growth spurt
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Sounds like the 4 month sleep regression a bit early like pp said. It sucks but supposed to be normal. A lot of people said their LOs got over it naturally when my older DS hit it, but we ended up sleep training around 6 months. Hope it passes quickly for you, but start by making sure she is eating enough during the day, and try drowsy but awake as pp suggested.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She's a baby. Welcome to motherhood!
  • Options
    Wow, some people are a little rude.  Yes, this is normal baby behavior. There are many different things that can attribute to it-the fact that it's all of a sudden points to either
    -Growth spurt (is she feeding during these wake ups? she could just be growing and needs the extra calories)
    -Not getting enough calories during the day (is she not eating as much/nursing as long/finishing her bottles during the day due to distraction? she could be making up for missed feedings/food at night when theres less distraction)
    -changes in sleep cycle (do you rock her to sleep? does she sleep for a stretch of 3-5, then up every 45-90 min? she could need you to fall asleep now and not know how to put herself to sleep )
    -learning a new skill (do you notice she's trying to roll/crawl/sit? she could be trying to learn a new skill or making a cognitive leap)

those are any number of things going on with her....
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    I'd say that your LO has probably just hit their 4 month wakeful early. 
    Yup, this. LO is 3.5 months old and has been STTN since 9 weeks. I've been anticipating and prepping myself for this much talked about 4 month wakeful stage, just so I don't completely lose it when she starts waking at night. 
  • Options
    This same thing will happen a million times in the first few years of life. Just do your best to get enough rest for yourself to help you cope!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This same thing will happen a million times in the first few years of life. Just do your best to get enough rest for yourself to help you cope!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I read a helpful article online
  • Options
    Probably hitting the 4 month wakeful a little early.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"