December 2012 Moms

Another sick baby :( bad rash

Dd has been sick for the past week. We have brought her to the dr twice and it's just a bad cold/ virus. She has a bad cough, and every time she coughed she would cry ;( she is feeling a little better, but now has the poops. Her poor bottom is so red and raw, she screams at every diaper change. I have been slathering the diaper cream on, but with the amount of poop, it's just not cutting it. I feel so bad because she will thrash around for like ten min after her change and scream and cry. Anyone have any suggestions on something other than desitin maximum strength, I was thinking of using triple paste?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Another sick baby :( bad rash

• I'm sorry she's not feeling well!! I hope she gets better soon, her and her tush!
    I use A&D whenever LO gets a bad rash and it seems to help him rather quickly. When he first ate peas his whole tush broke out in this horrible rash! Luckily he didn't seem to mind but I did leave him diaper free whenever I could which helped a lot. 
    BTW your LO is adorable! That picture in your siggy is beautiful!

• Aquaphor is good. I use Grandma Els for bad rash and eczema.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • @addy, thank you. I think I have a&d somewhere in the house. I will have to pick up some aquaphor, I always forget about that one, thanks for the suggestions!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Desitin makes it worse when you wipe it off post poop. Agree about Aquaphor. Also Bordeaux Butt Paste max strength.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MrsBigTimeMrsBigTime member
    edited October 2013
    Sounds like our current situation, too :(

I've had good luck with Grandma El's too. I also douse her bottom with breast milk and then let it air dry.

The key to Desitin or any other paste is to only remove it completely once a day. Otherwise, if you can, just blot or gently wipe the poop off the layer of product and then layer more cream on top of that. The act of trying to wipe the skin clean of the cream can actually irritate a rash more.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eta: change word

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When we used the Bordeaux max strength butt paste on a bad diaper rash it made it worse. We use the earths best diaper cream now but haven't tried it on a bad diaper rash yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• I'm sorry your LO is going throught this.

We're having the same issue. Her rash has now turned into a slightly blistery looking mess. It's been a little over a week and we have tried Destin, Aquaphor, and Boudreaux's max strenth butt paste. A warm bath and air drying has been helping. We are going to the doctor today to see if they have any better solutions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• I swear by breast milk. But I've heard aquaphor is great. I use butt paste if bm doesn't work.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • We got a sample of Dr. Smith's Diaper Ointment in our Citrus Lane package and I love it! It wiped out DS's diaper rash overnight. It's obviously expensive, but maybe worth a shot? I hope your LO feels better soon!mGood Luck!
  • This happened to us once and I used a layer of coconut oil first, topped with a layer of aquaphor or butte paste. I swear by coconut oil for anything skin related!
  • coconut oil, aquaphor, diaper free time with coconut oil spread on (this is the best), and lots of baking soda in the bathtub. If these don't work, we had a bad rash for a while and the doc had us use cortisone cream for a few days and it cleared it right up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"