July 2013 Moms
Options

Creepy baby

So for the last several mornings, Charlie wakes up and doesn't make a sound. We just find him in his crib, looking around silently. Its creepy lol We have no idea how long he has been awake! For instance, last night he woke at 5:30, ate and fell back to sleep. At 8:30 my husband hadn't heard him so crept into his room. He was stirring but still asleep so my husband let him be. At 9 still nothing. He checks on him again and he's awake, wide awake. Just laying there looking around the room.

I'm grateful that we don't have to wake up to a crying baby but to me this seems odd. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Creepy baby

• Options
    Most of the time my LO wakes up quietly. He just looks around waiting for one of us to get him. When he sees us he smiles. He only wakes up crying if he's starving, and a few times he's had nightmares where he woke up screaming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    This is our LO too. I only know she's awake because of an occasional coo. She's just happy looking around in the morning! Unfortunately, waking up from naps are a different story...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still get Mr. Fuss Bottoms at every waking.
  • Options
    Most mornings A wakes like this and we only know because we see her hand move or the RNP rock. After 2 "get me this second" babies, I love the chill-ness of this one so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    James chatters in his crib for up to an hour sometimes at night before going to sleep. The doctor actually said if they're happy in there, you should leave them! They'll associate the crib with a happy, fun place :)
  • Options
    My daughter does this too ( not for naps) in the morning she starts talking, stretching, staring at her mobile.. I usually get her pretty soon after though, so not sure how long that would last before she cried
  • Options
    I always wake up to Luke laughing and talking to himself in the morning. It makes waking up early not so bad.

• Options
    El has been doing this lately too!  I'll go in to check on her during nap time and she's just chillin' playing with her feet.  She does babble to herself though..it's adorable!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    elyse05 said:
    This is our LO too. I only know she's awake because of an occasional coo. She's just happy looking around in the morning! Unfortunately, waking up from naps are a different story...
    This is us, too!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    DD doesn't cry either-at least doesn't anymore.  She lays with her eyes closed sucking on her thumb.  Even after 11 hours- I have to go in there and check and if she's sucking- I usually get her so we can play or get ready if it's during the week. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Most of the time my LO wakes up quietly. He just looks around waiting for one of us to get him. When he sees us he smiles. He only wakes up crying if he's starving, and a few times he's had nightmares where he woke up screaming.
    This is DD.
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Options
    Keenan does this sometimes (when he doesn't wake by screaming). There is a little light on the video monitor we have, and I'll check him in the screen and he's just starting up at the monitor. It's the creepiest thing.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    Ok I guess its not that odd then. But he is silent! Not a peep. But once you pull him out of the crib he chatters away.

Waking in the middle of the night is different I guess because he's hungry and its dark
  • Options
    When he wakes up from naps he makes noises from the grudge. Ill check on him and hes just smiling away. When he wakes up from sttn though its awful. Screams blood murder
  • Options
    Don't you just love mornings when baby is happy and smiley in their crib?  Makes my heart melt when she sees me for the first time and gets a huge grin on her face :)
  • Options
    Sometimes when DS naps in his swing all at once I'll look over and he'll be staring at us, who knows for how long...slightly creepy
    photo df66db4a-fa98-43a8-9785-a437ac2b779f_zpsbd91495c.jpg
  • Options
    Ha.  This was Aves this morning!  I thought she was still asleep but saw her little eyes watching me when I walked by.  Kinda creepy!  Love it when she does that though.  I don't like the wake up screaming thing.
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options
    My parents said that's what I would do. LO sort of does this but she's very squirmy when awake so if we are in the same room we can see she's awake even if she's quiet
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options

Keenan does this sometimes (when he doesn't wake by screaming). There is a little light on the video monitor we have, and I'll check him in the screen and he's just starting up at the monitor. It's the creepiest thing.

Yep ours has little red lights DS is mesmerized by. And the night vision makes his eyes look black when he's staring at it like that, super creepy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tess doesn't usually cry in the mornings but she coos and talks to herself. I guess I don't know how long she's up before her chatting wakes me up.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"