Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Weight gain and fatigue well after MC?

ashbosityashbosity member
edited October 2013 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
I took misoprostol 7 and a half weeks ago to induce MC. I still haven't gotten AF back and it's driving me crazy. In the last two weeks, I've gained like 8lbs where I was pretty much back to my pre pregnancy weight before that. I had a few weeks after the MC where I just ate whatever I wanted to make me feel better, but I have been watching what I eat and my activity level is back to normal as well. I also feel like no matter how long I sleep, I never feel fully rested when I wake up. I don't think this is depression. I feel like I've sorted everything out emotionally and am ready to move on. Anyone else experience this? I'm wondering if it's hormones and hoping I feel better after AF comes.

ETA: I am not pregnant. I've taken several tests since I passed my expected period date.

Re: Weight gain and fatigue well after MC?

• Sounds like hormones, maybe gearing up for AF? I feel like I've have finally felt more "normal" this past week. I had D&C 6 weeks ago and had AF 2 weeks ago. I was an emotional mess the week of AF.
  • I have always had a hard time with temping because I don't sleep well and haven't since I was a kid and I also have a husband who works opposite shifts as I do. Trying to figure out if I've gotten enough sleep to temp now or wait to try and sleep longer before trying later and I just get stressed out and sleep even worse than usual. I may try again just to see how it goes, but it isn't really worth losing precious sleep to temp. I really wish I could successfully temp.
  • Loading the player...
  • I took misoprostol 10 weeks ago to induce miscarriage and ended up with a d&c 5 weeks later because it didn't totally work.  I'm still feeling horrible.  I'm moody, depressed, unhappy with my appearance (both my weight and acne).  I keep obsessing about getting my first AF, I even tried acupuncture this week to help.  I'm hoping one day I'll look back at this and say "why was I so crazy?  Everything turned out fine!"  But right now all I can do is focus on how horrible everything is.  I know that positivity brings positivity to your life but I'm just not there yet :(  And of course I've eaten a TON of Halloween candy which isn't helping my weight gain either.  @ashbosity I just wanted to tell you that I'm feeling exactly the same way :(

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• @MrsDeo, thanks again for your helpful posts. I pretty much had my cycle pinned down really well before I got pregnant. Glad to find another non temper (I call myself a temping failure). I wasn't given a time frame for AF returning. It seems like 8 weeks is the high end from other people's doctors, so if nothing else happens this weekend (I have been spotting, but have yet to actually start a real period), I will call the doc on Monday (8 weeks). My m/c was light and fast so I figured I'd get back on track pretty quickly. I'm just a little worried about taking anything to start my period because I don't want my cycle to be more weird than it already is.
    @Frenchteachermama, thanks for the support. I am going to the chiropractor tomorrow for the first time in like 10 years. Hoping that makes me feel better too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"