Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Anyone up for a chartstalk? I'm confused. Again.

brownmousebrownmouse member
edited October 2013 in Trying to Get Pregnant
So I, and FF confirmed O on the 12th of this month. Compared to O last month this was the proper time for it as well (though I know that doesn't always matter month to month) I had the temp shift, and everything was going great, with FF predicting AF to come on the 27th (14 day LP like last month) Well the 27th came and went, no AF. Still today at 18DPO, no AF. As you can see by my chart, I've tested and got BFNs, so I have accepted that I am out this month, but where is my period? Is it possible to O and then not get a period? My temp was way up this morning so I got a bit hopeful and tested..BFN. I am thinking maybe it's possible that I didn't O, and that is why AF hasn't come, but then how would my temp rise be explained? I am pretty new to this, so please help! Any ideas?

I just want my damn AF to come so I can start fresh on a new cycle. And order my dang wondfo pack because I am NOT ordering till AF in case I am KU. Because I am cheap like that. Haha! I also know the 60 day call the doctor rule, so I'm looking more for any idea of what could be going on, or other experiences....

Oh and here is my chart link for the Mobile bumpies: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/47ec50

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone up for a chartstalk? I'm confused. Again.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Looking at your chart, I'm not convinced that you Od on CD21. Cd26 or even Cd30 both look like possibilities but I don't see a clear thermal shift that's making either one obvious. If you Od later than that's why your period hasn't shown yet. I think FF chose 21 because of your CM, but you stopped checking so it's impossible to know if you were still getting EWCM after Cd21. If you were, i bet they'd have moved your CHs. Unfortunately all you can do right now is wait

Eta: at 18DPO you'd definitely be able to turn a test and a LP is not usually that long. My vote is you Od later than FF says.
  • Options
    I was thinking cd 26 too...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Joy2611 said:
    CD26 and CD30 also look like possible ovulation dates, honestly. 

EDIT: My sex line is significantly less full than yours - haha.
    My sex line is NEVER that full. I just switched to FF this cycle from an app I was using that had O predicted on CD 13, so we were HIO for that and then O never happened. By CD 21 we were too tired to go on and gave up after CD22. Haha!

Now I am kicking myself for not checking CM the whole month. DEFINITELY doing that next cycle even if FF gives me crosshairs.

• Options
    Yeah, I'd personally say that CD30 is a bit more convincing. Have you tried taking out your CM entries to see if FF puts your CHs somewhere else?
    ---

• Options
    teresaide said:
    Yeah, I'd personally say that CD30 is a bit more convincing. Have you tried taking out your CM entries to see if FF puts your CHs somewhere else?
    Oh, no I hadn't thought of that! I'm going to try that right now and see what happens. :)

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Well, I took out all the CM, and it says that ovulation hasn't been detected yet. Not sure what that means... I guess if CD 30 looks good I can just hope AF comes 14(ish) days after that which would be November 4th. FF has my expected AF pinned to the 2nd now that the CM is gone. I guess I just get to wait and see what happens.

• Options
    Hmm, I see a shift. I personally would say you are 9DPO. If you O'd on CD26, that would put you at 13DPO, but it doesn't look like you BD'd around that time. I'm wondering if because you aren't including the temp on CD31, FF isn't able to detect O. Have you tried to include that temp to see what FF says? Is there a reason you discarded it? I'd test again in 2-3 days if you don't get AF in the next day or two.
    ---

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I was thinking about CD31 temp too, and I can't remember why I discarded it. I am assuming because i didn't get three hours of sleep before temping as I have been having a LOT of trouble sleeping the last couple weeks. I am actually missing two temps this past week because I tossed and turned all night and then once I finally got to sleep I didn't wake up to my temp alarm and just turned it off in my sleep. Haha! I'll try un-discarding that temp and see what happens. Here's to hoping O was CD31 and that I'm 9DPO and not 13, since we took a week off from HIO....

• Options
    Every time I think I'm convinced by one of your O dates, I change my mind. That is a tricky chart. It seems like there is a shift but not a really sustained one.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I un-discarded that temp, and nothing changed. I wanted to see what happened if I put in EWCM in there somewhere after the CD21 that it thoughts I had Oed before, and if I put EWCM in ANY day after the 21st, it gives me dotted CH on CD33. Even if I put EWCM on CD22! Hmm....... Obviously I am not going to leave EWCM that didn't happen on there to get CH, but I think I am going to leave all the other CM off and see what happens over the next week or two. I same a print screen of my chart with all the CM on it for reference later if I need it.

• Options
    teresaideteresaide member
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, that's tough. I'l be watching your chart a bit to see what happens in the next few days too. What happens if you take out all of your negative OPKs? Haha I'm making you do so much investigative work on your chart! :-B

ETA: I just looked again and I still feel like that you O'd on either CD30 or CD31. Maybe keep that in the back of your mind in the next couple of days. Keep me posted!
    ---

• Options
    teresaide said:
    Yeah, that's tough. I'l be watching your chart a bit to see what happens in the next few days too. What happens if you take out all of your negative OPKs? Haha I'm making you do so much investigative work on your chart! :-B

ETA: I just looked again and I still feel like that you O'd on either CD30 or CD31. Maybe keep that in the back of your mind in the next couple of days. Keep me posted!
    Thanks! I'll try taking out my OPKs and see what happens later when I have time. Hopefully in the next week *something* will happen so I can figure out where I am at for this cycle and starting the next one. Eesh!

• Options
    RayRay007RayRay007 member
    edited October 2013
    I think CD 21 is a possibility (ETA: or could have been, if you weren't still getting negs). I was taught years ago that in order to see a shift you have to look at the chart a little cross-eyed. When I do this I see a group of temps around hovering around the same temp before CD 21 and a group after. You sometimes have to ignore the outliers. Another way to look at it is, if you draw a line at 97.0 ish, before CD 21 you have two above it (not counting CD1) and 17 below. After CD 21 you have 3 below and 16 above. That seems like a pretty clear shift to me. 
    If you took CD 31, and a CL of 97ish, you'd have many temps (9? if I count right?) above the CL pre-O, and although you don't have any below 97 post CD 31, I think there are too many above pre-CD 31 to really be a clear shift. 
    I don't know. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2013
    RayRay007 said:
    I think CD 21 is a possibility (ETA: or could have been, if you weren't still getting negs). I was taught years ago that in order to see a shift you have to look at the chart a little cross-eyed. When I do this I see a group of temps around hovering around the same temp before CD 21 and a group after. You sometimes have to ignore the outliers. Another way to look at it is, if you draw a line at 97.0 ish, before CD 21 you have two above it (not counting CD1) and 17 below. After CD 21 you have 3 below and 16 above. That seems like a pretty clear shift to me. 
    If you took CD 31, and a CL of 97ish, you'd have many temps (9? if I count right?) above the CL pre-O, and although you don't have any below 97 post CD 31, I think there are too many above pre-CD 31 to really be a clear shift. 
    I don't know. 
    This was my original thought too, as I saw a very clear shift at CD21. BUT here we are 19DPO (if CD21 was O) and no AF and negative pregnancy tests, so it's not really possible that I did Ovulate then. I didn't think of this when I posted, but I did have a cold sometime between CD24 and 30 and I switched from oral temping to vaginal (which I now know I should not have done) when I wasn't able to breathe through my nose, so the high temps in the CD24-CD29 range could be attributed to that. I did have a clear three or four day shift after CD21 before I switched though, which is why i just assumed CD21 was it. I've stuck with vaginal temping since then, so I'm not at all sure what to think about it. I plan to test on Tuesday which would put me at 14DPO if I did O on CD30 and take it from there. My last cycle was 58 days long with (I think) a 14 day LP, so now FF is predicting that I will ovulate this weekend based on my last cycle. I think I might check CM and  take a few OPKs over the next couple days and see if I happen upon a late ovulation, but I think I'm just calling it quits for this cycle since everything is all screwed up. If I do ovulate this weekend like FF seems to think I will, it would put a potential due date on my DDs birthday, which I am not excited about. Though that isn't enough to make me skip the cycle if that is the case...I think with how long and unpredictable my cycle is, I need to just take any opportunity I might get. I guess we will see.

• Options
     My last cycle was 58 days long with (I think) a 14 day LP, so now FF is predicting that I will ovulate this weekend based on my last cycle. I think I might check CM and  take a few OPKs over the next couple days and see if I happen upon a late ovulation, 

//quote fail

This is what I would do - keep watching for O. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    teresaide, So I did an OPK and checked CM today since FF suggested I may O this weekend, and when I checked my CM, I found what I think may be the start of my period. Very dark clotting, but nothing on toilet paper or anything yet, so we will see tomorrow. (I know, TMI, I feel gross even writing this...) What I am thinking may have happened is that I actually did On CD26. I remember that when I was getting all the negative OPKs they were getting darker and darker and by the CD 21 when I thought I Oed, they were pretty dark but not positive yet. I didn't take any after that because I thought I Oed, so I am wondering if I would have gotton a positive around CD 24-CD25 and then Oed CD26. I wanted to see if I got a thermal shift, so I added EWCM and a positive OPK on CD 25, and it gave me solid crosshairs for CD26 and I have an obvious thermal shift if I re-discard the CD30 and CD31 temps as my chart was before all the nonesense we did to it yesterday. :) Today would be 14DPO if I O'ed CD26, so it make sense that I would get AF today. I think I may have figured out the mystery!

I'm going to leave my chart like this until you see if so you can see what I am takling about. I guess I'll see if I get an actual period tomorrow. Fingers crossed for that so I can at least know where I stand and start a new cycle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"