January 2014 Moms

If we need something to talk about/ debate about

The following link was posted on my face book. It is about the classification of pedophilia and whether it is a disorder or a sexual orientation.  I  know this as cause a debate on my facebook all so I'm wondering what you ladies think. 

***********************************************************************************************
  blogbutton badge!!!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: If we need something to talk about/ debate about

• Personally, I'm not a fan. I know that the article says it's only an orientation if it is not acted upon. Once it is acted upon it is a disorder. And I feel like that is a step closer to making it legal. I'm thinking about how back in the day it was illegal for black people to marry white people, but we as a society changed, and understood that there was nothing wrong with that. Furthermore, wasn't homosexually originally deemed a disorder and now look how far we've come with that. My one fear is we are going to end up being able to accept pedophilia. 
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
  • I saw this on FB this morning, too-- and I decided not to even comment on it because it made me sick to my stomach.  In my head I think, 'it would be one thing if the kids were attracted to the adults mutually,' but NO... not ok.  Ugh. It makes me sick, mainly because it's a disorder regardless- and acting on it has legal ramifications, and I would say 99% of the time, it's molestation that occurs, which is never, ever, ever ok.

This is entirely outside of the realm of interracial and LGBT.... not even in the same category, nope. Sorry. Not even close. 
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Personally, I'm not a fan. I know that the article says it's only an orientation if it is not acted upon. Once it is acted upon it is a disorder. And I feel like that is a step closer to making it legal. I'm thinking about how back in the day it was illegal for black people to marry white people, but we as a society changed, and understood that there was nothing wrong with that. Furthermore, wasn't homosexually originally deemed a disorder and now look how far we've come with that. My one fear is we are going to end up being able to accept pedophilia. 

FYI: this kinda comes across like you are comparing pedophillia with interracial and gay marriage, which i do not think you were trying to say. You might want to clarify that so no one flames you. I think you were more refering to the process of baby steps in society's attitudes could potentially cause pedophilia being accepted down the road.

My thoughts: pedophilia is the worst crime there is. I rank it above murder etc, because it causes a lifetime of issues to the completely innocent victim. It is sick and i see no problem with making an example of these people in the most blatant way we can imagine. If someone were to do this to my child i would rip them limb from limb with my bare hands!

• Man, I have a hard time reading the article and reading y'alls comments.  All I can think about is someone abusing my sweet little girl.  I'm way too emotional to be in this discussion...

Jan '14 Siggy Challenge: Things I've had to deprive myself of while pregnant:

imageimage

Rum & Coke...mmm!!                                              Laying on my stomach!  Can't wait!

• WinnieellaWinnieella member
    edited October 2013
    lolinshag said:

Personally, I'm not a fan. I know that the article says it's only an orientation if it is not acted upon. Once it is acted upon it is a disorder. And I feel like that is a step closer to making it legal. I'm thinking about how back in the day it was illegal for black people to marry white people, but we as a society changed, and understood that there was nothing wrong with that. Furthermore, wasn't homosexually originally deemed a disorder and now look how far we've come with that. My one fear is we are going to end up being able to accept pedophilia. 

FYI: this kinda comes across like you are comparing pedophillia with interracial and gay marriage, which i do not think you were trying to say. You might want to clarify that so no one flames you. I think you were more refering to the process of baby steps in society's attitudes could potentially cause pedophilia being accepted down the road.

My thoughts: pedophilia is the worst crime there is. I rank it above murder etc, because it causes a lifetime of issues to the completely innocent victim. It is sick and i see no problem with making an example of these people in the most blatant way we can imagine. If someone were to do this to my child i would rip them limb from limb with my bare hands!

Oh no.I don't think that at all and am so sorry it came.off that way. I was referring to the steps society takes and that I was afraid pedophilia could end up a similar way. Thank.you for pointing out how it could come across.

ETA: To help clarify further, I am glad that society took the steps it did to become more accepting of interracial marriages and homosexuality, and I no way do I think they are the same as pedophilia. 
      blogbutton badge!!!
  • I didn't read the article but my two cents about pedophilia are that it can't be cured. I see pedophilia as a sexual preference, and a really sick unnatural one for that matter. Therefore, I don't know how as a society we can put people in therapy to rehabilitate them and then expect a different outcome from the offending individual once they are released into society again. I don't really have any alternate suggestions or knowledge related to how else society can "help" these individuals.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Whether you're gay, straight, black, or purple- your sexual preference does not extend to nor include a child. They are unable to give consent therefore they cannot HAVE an orientation of their own, it is rape. When you sexually force yourself onto another, that's what it is. I don't care if it's their 'disorder', it's sick and wrong. Orientation implies that there is a gray area, that a pedophile cannot help that they're attracted to children.

Did anyone else read about the man who is no longer getting the death penalty because he didn't 'mean to kill her, just rape her'- her being a four month old baby... this wasn't the only case of some sicko taking advantage of a defenseless child. If you get pleasure from assaulting babies, you deserve way more than the death penalty. I am reading about this way too much, it's becoming way more common and that absolutely terrifies me.  

I'm getting too emotional about this and I'm not even 100% sure if what I typed up was even coherent. 
    :-<

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"