Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

First loss-Intro

Hi, ladies.  Just taking a moment to introduce myself.  We have been trying for #2 for a few months and I had a surprise BFP on Monday, 10/21/13 at 6w0d (I chart regularly and initial HPTs after 2ww were negative, so I had written off this cycle).  On Saturday, I had cramping and brown spotting.  On Sunday, I had heavy bleeding with clots.  An ultrasound on Monday, 7w0d revealed a SCH, but the placenta was still high and the heartbeat was strong, so we were hopeful.  After two days of bed rest and continued heavy bleeding, I went in for a checkup today and the ultrasound revealed no heartbeat.  I started taking Misoprostol this afternoon and am waiting for it to start working.  I've been lurking on the board this evening and have been encouraged by the support shown.  Thank you all.  

BFP #2 10/21/13, MC 10/30/13 at 7w2d
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First loss-Intro

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. This group has been a place of good support even for the few days I have been here. I do not have experience to offer with the misoprostol, but hugs and thoughts to you during this hard time.
    Me: 28 DH: 30 
    TTC-January 2013
    BFP#1--September 2013 (EDD 5/30/2014)--D&C for Missed MC @ 9 weeks 3 days
    BFP#2--August 2014 (EDD 4/30/2015) --hoping this is our rainbow!

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss! I had a d&c so I cannot comment either on misoprostol. I hope that the process is quick and easy with it though. My only advice is to give yourself time to grieve and process everything that has happened. There are lots of great women here - feel free to talk to them and gather either support. Wishing you all the best! *hugs*
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!!  I hope misoprostol works for you and that you have help taking care of your toddler.  There are some great descriptions of people who took misoprostol, search some of their comments.  I didn't have a great experience with it, I ended up with a d&c 5 weeks later.  That was mostly because my doctor never did a follow up ultrasound to make sure that everything had passed.  I ended up pushing for one and I was right.  Many people have better experiences then I did, I don't want to scare you!  Just make sure your doctor is going to do a follow up appointment!  ((hugs))  

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    So sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here. Hoping you have a safe and painless as possible experience with the medication. (Hugs)

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I took Misoprostol 2 weeks ago for my MC.  I honestly had already started the MC process and it was just to help finish it.  It seemed to work.  I bled for a total of 6 days I think and haven't bled since.  This isn't an easy thing to go through and I'm sorry you find yourself here.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    Thanks, ladies.  I really appreciate the support.  The first round of miso, (three doses) didn't have any effect, so my doctor has put me on a second round.  Hopefully I'll have some results this time.  I have a follow-up ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday.  

BFP #2 10/21/13, MC 10/30/13 at 7w2d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! Fingers crossed for a better second dose!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"