Trying to Get Pregnant

Curious. Have any of you experienced the cold-like symptoms around implantation?

Hi!
My husband and I are TTC and right now i'm 6-7 DPO. Out of nowhere I have a majorly sore throat and congested... oh and now I'm sneezing. lol. It just keeps getting worse throughout the day. I'm curious if any of you experienced the cold'like symptoms around implantation and about when. Is 6-7DPO too early to be experiencing this? Thanks in advance!

Re: Curious. Have any of you experienced the cold-like symptoms around implantation?

• I have.  I had a cold.
    Started TTGP July 2013  ~  BFP! 11/21/13  ~   TEAM PINK!!!  

**Josephine Aimee** born 5/21 at 29 weeks 2 days

You should know how great things were before you. Even so, they're better still today.  
    Now I can't think who I was before you ruined everything in the nicest way <3

image  image

imageimageimage

• I really hope I'm not just getting sick. lol. The 2WW is killing me
    :-/
  • Loading the player...
  • My son sneezed today.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• I know it's a fact that you can get these symptoms can happen around implantation. So please, if you're just going to joke around...
  • britaj9083britaj9083 member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you. :) I know it could be grasping at straws. It's just i never get sick like this and I have had other symptoms. I guess I'm just being hopeful. I really just wanted to know if other women had experienced it and when.
  • LexiSophie55LexiSophie55 member
    edited November 2013
    This is stupid.  But I did 2 out of the 3 times I was pregnant.  Once in January - Once in March.  Probably a coincidence...but it happened.  My co-workers are on high alert for it this time because both times I kept turning down their medicine and they were so confused.

ETA:  I've also had colds since then - and not been pregnant.  If we try hard enough we can probably correlate lots of things to different pregnancies.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • If you're pregnant enough to have symptoms, you should be able to turn a test.  Good luck.
    Started TTGP July 2013  ~  BFP! 11/21/13  ~   TEAM PINK!!!  

**Josephine Aimee** born 5/21 at 29 weeks 2 days

You should know how great things were before you. Even so, they're better still today.  
    Now I can't think who I was before you ruined everything in the nicest way <3

image  image

imageimageimage

• I know it's a fact that you can get these symptoms can happen around implantation. So please, if you're just going to joke around...

I'm a nurse, and this makes me laugh.

Please, quote your source before spreading such bullshit around here.

Not joking totally serious! GTFO and don't tell us what to do!

:::;crosses arms and stomps feet as I walk away::::

***DD 5/15/2004***TTC #2 Since March 2012***Severe MFI*** LameBlog ***

CafeMom Tickers

It's a fact, huh? Guess I missed that lecture in nursing school. Also, DH has cold symptoms. Last time I checked, he's not KU. He has a disgusting cold and he needs to stop breathing on me. But that's an entirely different topic.

I'm legitimately curious. If you know it's a fact, why create a thread asking if anyone else has had cold like symptoms as a implantation symptoms?
  • I had cold symptoms right before my first BFP, but it could have just been a cold as well.  I remember pretty clearly though because I ended up leaving work early on my birthday because I felt so crummy.  (Went back to look at  my FF notes as well) I had a runny-nose, sore throat, sudden high fever, but I also had ridiculous cramps and my back hurt when I was sitting as well.  The cold cleared up later the same day and then foods started tasting weird (metallic) and nausea kicked in.  So there were other symptoms in addition to the cold symptoms

So I'm not sure if the cold symptoms were related or not - could have just been a 24 bug.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Elbug said:

gscoville said:

Unless you're breathing through your hooha, there's no way respiratory issues could possibly be related to implantation or anything else lady bits-related.

I only exhale through my hooha, but that's usually only when I'm exercising.....

My hooha farts.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• sueann911 said:
    gscoville said:
    Unless you're breathing through your hooha, there's no way respiratory issues could possibly be related to implantation or anything else lady bits-related.
    I only exhale through my hooha, but that's usually only when I'm exercising.....
    My hooha farts.
    Yay, I'm not the only one!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• OMG YOU GUISE ARE SO MEANNIE FACED POO HEADS!

OP, I had sea sickness for the first time in my whole life when I was apx 10dpo.  (of course, I was on a cruise for the first time in my life...)

andplusalso, my vagina doesn't just cough, it sneezes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • OMG YOU GUISE ARE SO MEANNIE FACED POO HEADS!

OP, I had sea sickness for the first time in my whole life when I was apx 10dpo.  (of course, I was on a cruise for the first time in my life...)

andplusalso, my vagina doesn't just cough, it sneezes.
    Impressive! =D>

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I'm not trying to hand out false hope. Probably just a huge coincidence but I won't pretend it didn't happen. There was one day before I got my bfp, I think I was 6dpo when I woke up really congested with a sore throat. Nothing since then

It's a BOY

• momthatliftsmomthatlifts member
    edited November 2013
    I know it's a fact that you can get these symptoms can happen around implantation. So please, if you're just going to joke around...
    Well if that's the case then my husband must be pregnant

It's a BOY

• Elbug said:
    Welcome to cold and flu season. Make sure to wash your hands and cover your cough. Please and thank you. Seriously though. A cold virus didnt wait to sneak into your body right at the moment of implantation. This is up there with "my uterus has heartburn".
    Seriously? Did someone actually post this or is it a joke? lol
  • Elbug said:
    I'm not trying to hand out false hope. Probably just a huge coincidence but I won't pretend it didn't happen. There was one day before I got my bfp, I think I was 6dpo when I woke up really congested with a sore throat. Nothing since then
    I had pyelonephritis during my 2ww the last time I got pregnant. That must be another implantation sign for everyone to watch out for. Seriously. Correlation does not imply causation.

I'm not saying if you get a cold during your two week wait you are definitely pregnant. I just so happened to get this so called "symptom" which probably had nothing to do with me being pregnant and probably more to do with allergies.

It's a BOY

• JKBMA2014 said:
    I'm not trying to hand out false hope. Probably just a huge coincidence but I won't pretend it didn't happen. There was one day before I got my bfp, I think I was 6dpo when I woke up really congested with a sore throat. Nothing since then
    Oh good. You're back.

n Chart</a>"http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Charww.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Chart</a>

BabyFruit Ticker

• I also had a sore throat the day/night before my bfp for both pregnancies. In both cases, it went away the next day. Flees post...

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"