May 2013 Moms

Re: Baby Moved to Tears When Mommy Sings

• How do you know the baby is scared? I didn't get that impression at all
  • Loading the player...
  • How do you know the baby is scared? I didn't get that impression at all
    I'm confused as to why everyone thinks this as well.  The mom said she only cried for that one song and not others.  When my guy gets scared he cries hysterically not calmly and silently like that.  Maybe that is why I don't see this as the mom being mean to the baby.....

*I should point out we do not scare DS on purpose.  Loud sudden noises scare him and if he's tired certain things startle him.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Sorry, didn't realize it was already posted.

Like @TheyCalledHerKate and @Kashy, I personally don't see that the baby is scared.  To me he actually looks like he is "moved to tears" as the article says.  I do however agree that no one should make their Baby cry on purpose but I think in this particular example, it is a nice memory/keepsake becuase, in my eyes, it seems like a sweet cry.

• This was the sweetest thing I have seen in a while ;) But really why was he crying?!?!?!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• Shoegal36Shoegal36 member
    edited November 2013
    I just watched the video for myself and I have to agree with @ohgrl95 that he seems upset. 

The reason I'm saying that is because my LO did the SAME thing one time when I was singing. I was nursing her this summer and started singing along with a song that was on the radio. Every time I sang she would unlatch and make a really sad face and stick her bottom lip out. She was doing this weird silent cry just like the baby in the video. She didn't care when I was talking though so it wasn't a distraction thing. 

I totally agree that it's not funny to make your baby cry on purpose but I just had to call H over and show him. It's now an ongoing joke that my singing voice is so terrible it makes babies cry. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

image  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"