February 2013 Moms
Options

Why is my baby obsessed with electronics?

At first I thought she just went after the remote, cell phone, laptop, camera, etc because mom or dad had it and it was fun to pursue what she wasn't allowed to play with. Then last night, she discovered a small digital travel clock I keep next to the rocking chair in her nursery. I let her pick it up and she sat happily turning it over in her hands and examining it for a while. So I'm curious, is your baby also obsessed with electronics? Given that babies have been around a lot longer than these contraptions, I'm not sure from where the innate attraction stems. I'm pretty sure if I put her favorite baby toy next to this travel clock, she would go for the travel clock every time.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why is my baby obsessed with electronics?

• Options
    My baby loves the remote more than life. He will also scale any obstacle to get to my DH's play station. He will repeatedly turn the thing on/off and loves ejecting disks  :-/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, DD loves electronics too. I always lay her on the couch in front of me while I get ready to nurse, and in the 5 seconds it takes me, she rolls over and grabs the remote every single time. She also likes to try and grab our cell phones, and she will crawl right for any electrical wires/cords that she can get to.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is obsessed with my cell phone. I think it's partly because the lock screen is a picture of her, and she's a little narcissist who loves looking at herself. ;-)

• Options
    We have remote/ cell phone/ ipad thief in our house too. I don't mind DD playing with it if she dosent drown it in drool. Oh and keys, what is it about keys babies like so much?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options

DD loves loves loves my phone. She would chew it for hours if I'de let her

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Not so surprising seeing as how ALL humans seem to be obsessed with electronics... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"