Blended Families
Options

NBFR Vent: AAAUUGH!!

This past year I filed bankruptcy with XH. That is all over with. The debt collection calls stopped and what a load off of my shoulders that was. It's bad enough you have debt, the calls are just depressing.  I still don't like that I feel like I shirked my debt but I was so screwed financially. 

Anyway, I move and get a new phone number.  Guess what?  The previous person who had this number is in some serious damn debt.  I am getting a lot of calls.  I tell them they don't have this number anymore and usually it stops shortly after, but shit! When one stops, another new one calls.  I was done with these damn calls!  And it still makes me feel like crap hearing "This is an attempt to collect a debt". 

Positive spin:  If the guilt I still have over the bankruptcy isn't enough, these calls will be a nice annoying reminder to stay ahead and make smarter investments. 

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: NBFR Vent: AAAUUGH!!

• Options
    That's a good way to look at it. You never want to legitimately be on the receiving end of those calls ever again!
    I got a home phone as part of a comcast bundle and its a similar thing. Whoever had the number before me is in some serious legal trouble though. Luckily I don't have a phone hooked up, so I just clear out the messages every month or so.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @hocus can you please record some of these calls and share them here?  I'm dying to hear some of the requests you get!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now I have Hookah-hocus name in my head. I'm not going to forget you.
    "he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
  • Options
    That's a really good way to look at it. When I first got the number I had now I received calls for the first 3ish months trying to collect a debt for the previous person. For over a year I would receive a call about once a month from this lady who insisted they were best friends and this was still her number. Ummm, nope, it's mine, and apparently you guys aren't BFF because she didn't give you her new number.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"