January 2013 Moms

Breast Feeding spoken word video

I stumbled upon this from another sight, but I think it's really powerful and just what some of us may need as our little ones are getting older, and people are beginning to give us the side-eye as we continue to breast feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiS8q_fifa0

I do not mean offense to anyone who FF.  I do believe that breast milk is best, but I also know everyone has their very personal reasons to formula feed, and I would never dream of questioning your choices.
Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!

Re: Breast Feeding spoken word video

• Great video.  It is pretty damn pathetic when people get offended by breastfeeding.  Get the hell over it.  I use a cover when we're out but she hates it. I'm feeling inspired to stop covering up.  

• We were unable to BF even after exhausting every option to make it possible, but I very much support you ladies. You shouldn't have to cover up, ever. BFing is a wonderful, natural, and beautiful thing and if people don't like it, they can get over it. You should be very proud of what you are able to give your LO's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love this. My husband made my breastfeed in the bathroom when we were in public. He used to wrestle (like the type on tv) and I went to breastfeed her at one of the shows in the bathroom and there was poop in the toilets. I was done hiding, after that I told him I refused to hide anymore and he just needed to suck it up. He said he was afraid of offending someone, but I said I don't care, they need to get over it too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"