Stay at Home Moms
Options

Will your LOs wear their costumes all day??

Lydia doesn't have school today, not that she could wear her costume to school. (Do schools let kids wear costumes??) And we are stuck at home this morning while the Comcast guy installs our security cameras. I figure I'll put the costumes on my girls after the babies wake up from nap, before we go pick up our pizza for dinner. What about you?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Will your LOs wear their costumes all day??

• Options
    No because her costume is white and I don't want her to ruin it before the ILs get to see her in it. But otherwise I would have her in it.

Schools usually have a costume day.
  • Options
    auroraloo said:
    Roses, not every school allows costumes.

I'll put them on after afternoon nap.
    Some preschools don't allow costumes? Why not? (I thought Mrs.greg said she was in preschool but I might be misremembering there.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, Lydia is in preschool. No costumes of any kind are allowed.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CnAmom said:

auroraloo said:

Roses, not every school allows costumes.

I'll put them on after afternoon nap.

Like the private ones?
    Yes, it's a private school. Preschool and elementary on the same grounds.
  • Options
    Not until ToT. It will just get dirty....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She'll be getting into hers in.... about 10 minutes!  At around 12:30, her class is getting dressed in their costumes for the parade.  They're getting dressed, having a party (with so many sweets) and then we go to the school at around 1:30 to watch them "march" around the building 3 times.  Then she'll just stay in her costume until bed time, like always.

Last year they were allowed to dress up at school, too.  However, in grade K they had a principal that did not allow a parade. Did not allow costumes. Did not allow a party in the classes
    :-@  she retired.  Then we got a new principal last year, and he's THE BEST.  And he allows it all, so I was super excited.
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • Options
    She wore it all day on Tuesdsy for fall festival. They don't wear costumes on Halloween at school. They did at her old school.
  • Options

No, it would be covered in dirt and food.  I swear I spend half my time nursing one and cleaning the other. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not here. My oldest isn't allowed to wear a costume at school. My youngest is wearing his Halloween shirt that he loves. They can put their costumes on after dinner.
  • Options
    I would have DD wear hers all day but we were out running errands all morning and I was worried about car seat safety.  She wore a festive Halloween outfit this morning and I will put her costume on sometime after she wakes up from her nap.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    I'm not going to get it out until right before trick or treating because we're carving pumpkins (well, he's drawing on his with markers) this afternoon and it would get dirty.  
  • Options
    He didn't wear it to gymnastics, but he wore it to library story time. We've got portraits in the afternoon, and then ToT, so he'll be wearing it most of the day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dylan wore 3 different costumes.  Our house is dress-up central.  The difference is that we took her out to lunch in costume and she wasn't the only one.
  • Options
    No but he's worn it 3 times this week and will wear it tomorrow too lol. All of his play dates this week asked for him to wear a costume.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"