TTC After a Loss
Options

Vacation dreams

Where is your favorite vacation spot? Where is somewhere you've dreamed of traveling? What did you love about it? What was the worst part?

DH and I have whipped our budget together. With my newly added income we have money to set aside for a vacation. We said we were each going to make a "Top 5 Desired Vacay Destination" list and then compare. So help me make my list!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Vacation dreams

• Options
    Thanks @kristyW13, we aren't going to go right away but we both agreed it's easier to spend money when you have a goal. If Hawaii, or wherever, is our destination putting money towards that fund will happen much quicker I bet! I'd love Hawaii. We almost went with his family in February but the timing was really bad, for obvious reasons.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    We went to Kauai in January and can't wait to go back!
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dreams in Riviera Maya is one of our favorites, and on the cheaper side. I've always wanted to go to Aruba and had planned on going there for our honeymoon but DHs mom got sick so that's been put on hold for now. I also loved Nassau Bahamas! I guess really anywhere with a beach and drinks works for me :D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image  image

TTC #1 since January 2013

BFP #1: April 5, 2013; EDD December 11, 2013; Missed M/C May 15, 2013

BFP #2: February 17, 2014; EDD October 30, 2014; M/C March 15, 2014

BFP #3: August 1, 2014; EDD April 14, 2015 - Praying for our RAINBOW!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Poppy715Poppy715 member
    edited October 2013
    Rafterk2 said:
    Dreams in Riviera Maya is one of our favorites, and on the cheaper side. I've always wanted to go to Aruba and had planned on going there for our honeymoon but DHs mom got sick so that's been put on hold for now. I also loved Nassau Bahamas! I guess really anywhere with a beach and drinks works for me :D
    This is what I'm thinking. I love Cabo for this very reason!  He wants to go places like Asia and Europe. I want to lay by a pool and drink fruity drinks. We have to compromise.
    :-/

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Have fun wherever you choose to go!

Our top 2 vacation destinations are a little more unusual. We both want to to go Alaska. DH is working toward getting his private pilot's licence, so ideally we would love to fly up there ourselves.

And I have always, always, always wanted to go to Ireland. My grandparents immigrated for there, so I would love to go! 

• Options
    p3ngu1n said:
    Have fun wherever you choose to go!

Our top 2 vacation destinations are a little more unusual. We both want to to go Alaska. DH is working toward getting his private pilot's licence, so ideally we would love to fly up there ourselves.

And I have always, always, always wanted to go to Ireland. My grandparents immigrated for there, so I would love to go! 

Alaska is incredible. That's where we conceived A. We were on a cruise. It's beautiful everywhere you go. For us it was kind of like home but on steroids with even more space!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Poppy715 said:
    Rafterk2 said:
    This is what I'm thinking. I love Cabo for this very reason!  He wants to go places like Asia and Europe. I want to lay by a pool and drink fruity drinks. We have to compromise.
    :-/

I love Thailand. Some of the world's most gorgeous beaches (see Koh Phi Phi). Added bonus, after the cost of getting there, it is really cheap:

You could also do anywhere in the Mediterranean (below is Cinque Terre in Italy)

Tuscany is equally gorgeous (and the food!)

I adored all of Spain. We rented a car and toured the whole country, but the Alhambra is incredible:

Paris remains one of my very favorite cities and all of Provence is gorgeous (worth renting a car and exploring). 

Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• Options
    We went to a little island in the Grenadines called Bequia and it was a little slice of magic. Not over developed or touristy. Just absolutely beautiful. Highly recommend.
    ----
    *I am no longer regularly posting on TB because of the fucked up debacle of Jan 2015 when administrators banned long-term members and mods with no notice and completely dismantled a community full of women who cared about each other.  If you see me posting it's only to give support to a poster who needs it or to post something important enough that I need to say.  I am no longer responding to  anything other than issues that affect people who I care about*
    37 years old, MH is 42
    TTC since 2010; Dx Unexplained Infertility; possible male factor 
    August 2012 through June 2013:  6 IUIs with clomid and trigger shot, all BFNs
    7/2013, Pregnant! Unmedicated--we were on a treatment break
    8/20/13 no heart beat; 8/23/13 d&c
    3/15/14 IVF #1:  Lupron/Follistim/Menopur; ER 3/10 resulting in four transfer grade blastocysts, transferred one pretty blast and froze the remaining three. BFN. 
    Natural FET in May cancelled because the universe hates me my hormones were not cooperating.
    6/24/14 FET #1: transferred two pretty embryos; BFN   
    8/28/14 FET #2: BFP, ended in Chemical pregnancy

Done with medical intervention and getting used to the idea of CFNBC.  

All welcome
  • Options

I love Thailand. Some of the world's most gorgeous beaches (see Koh Phi Phi). Added bonus, after the cost of getting there, it is really cheap:

You could also do anywhere in the Mediterranean (below is Cinque Terre in Italy)

Tuscany is equally gorgeous (and the food!)

I adored all of Spain. We rented a car and toured the whole country, but the Alhambra is incredible:

Paris remains one of my very favorite cities and all of Provence is gorgeous (worth renting a car and exploring). 

I've been to Cinque Terra! It's seriously stunning. Sorrento was my very most favorite place in all of Italy! I would love to take DH there some day. Thailand isn't somewhere I'd normally put on the list because it sounds so expensive. But I bet it's cheaper than Italy or similar locations. The US $ is not strong there!

Loving all the ideas ladies! It's fun to dream. It's a big wide world out there.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options

Both DH and I loved our trip to Couples Sans Souci  in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We LOVE it so much we hope to go back someday. It's an all inclusive resort that is for couples - no kids allowed.

BFP #1 - 7/24/2013 (EDD: 3/31/2014) - mmc 8/12/13 - D&C 8/15/2013

BFP #2 - 3/6/2014 (EDD 11/14/2014) - Beta #1 (17dpo): 1400 - Beta #2 (19dpo): 3170

PGAL/PAL Welcome | My FF Chart  

• Options
    alilbear said:

Both DH and I loved our trip to Couples Sans Souci  in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We LOVE it so much we hope to go back someday. It's an all inclusive resort that is for couples - no kids allowed.

He went to Jamaica and didn't really love it. He said it was fun but they were told they couldn't really leave the resort. How was it for you? It looks insanely beautiful to me!!

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    I LOVED Costa Rica! The people there are AMAZING!! The food is equally AMAZING!! 
    Also, I loved England! It was beautiful! Lots of history there, and well, I'm a nerd so I ate it up!
    Hubby and I went to Disney for our honeymoon. It is bittersweet now as I was preggo at the time and just a week later I wasnt. But that is neither here nor there as it was my first time at Disney and I LOVE all things Disney. 

If I were to have the dream vacay I would go to Bora Bora!! It just looks AH-mazing. 

Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    Poppy715 said:
    alilbear said:

He went to Jamaica and didn't really love it. He said it was fun but they were told they couldn't really leave the resort. How was it for you? It looks insanely beautiful to me!!

What? Really?? Not the case for us! We went to Dunns River Falls and downtown Ocho Rios for shopping. The resort provided transportation to and from! For the falls, they actually paid the admission fees and reserved the tour guide for our group. There were a few more excursions we could have gone on, but we enjoyed the resort so much! My husband went scuba diving (which was free), I went to the spa (partially funded by our package) and we went snorkeling (free) - just to name a FEW things. It's a private beach, so you don't need to worry about vendors bugging you while you're relaxing on the beach. 

I can send you a PM with more info if you want :)

BFP #1 - 7/24/2013 (EDD: 3/31/2014) - mmc 8/12/13 - D&C 8/15/2013

BFP #2 - 3/6/2014 (EDD 11/14/2014) - Beta #1 (17dpo): 1400 - Beta #2 (19dpo): 3170

PGAL/PAL Welcome | My FF Chart  

• Options
    I would suggest Jamaica! We went to Tulum, Mexico and I was not a huge fan of the resort itself-the food was not very good and the beaches were sooo rocky at the shore line. We did go snorkeling in turtle bay and swam with sea turtles. Also, it is the second largest coral reef (Austrailia being the first) we went snorkeling in a natural spring down in a cave deep in the rainforest (freezing and lots of bats, but you could see clearly 75 feet below you!) and experienced the Mayan ruins which was magical. The resort is geared for weddings. If there is a different place to stay then I would recommend Tulum.

• Options
    Am I really limited to just five? Not sure if I can do that. -Canada - Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper) or Quebec City and Montreal -Barbados -Costa Rica - must do arenal as well as beach area -Ireland including Northern Ireland -East coast of Australia -must must is the Whitsundays -Safari in Kenya and mountain gorilla tracking in Uganda Sorry it was too hard to remove one. PM me for more details on any of these and definitely before you book ;);)
    I'm 31 and DH is 36

Started dating in 2008 and married November 10, 2012

TTC#1 Since Oct 2012

MC#1 5/30/2013 ~ EDD 1/4/2014 natural @ 9 weeks

MC#2 8/12/2013 ~ EDD 4/13/2014 natural @ 5 weeks 5 days

BFP #3 EDD 12/9/2014

*~*~*Everybody is Welcome*~*~*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Sorry you also said DH wants Asia, I haven't been but everyone I know who has been to Cambodia has raved about it.
    I'm 31 and DH is 36

Started dating in 2008 and married November 10, 2012

TTC#1 Since Oct 2012

MC#1 5/30/2013 ~ EDD 1/4/2014 natural @ 9 weeks

MC#2 8/12/2013 ~ EDD 4/13/2014 natural @ 5 weeks 5 days

BFP #3 EDD 12/9/2014

*~*~*Everybody is Welcome*~*~*

My Ovulation Chart

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    jenkellenjenkellen member
    edited November 2013
    What is your taste? Beach? History? Relaxation? Urban? Temperature? I can try to tailor my suggestions below based on what you are looking for.

Anywhere in Ireland (obviously biased)

London

Tikal, Guatemala

Roatan, Honduras

My husband and I save for our trips too. We use a site called Smarty Pig and just get money taken out each month and plopped into different goals we set. House, Vaca, Car Loan etc. You can also set them up to have other people donate so if you wanted people to just contribute to your vacation fund for Xmas. It's pretty nice, and you get a decent interest rate for a savings account.

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    I second maui. We went for our 10 yr anniversary and cant wait to go back eventually
  • Options

Some of my favorite past vacations are:

Belize
    Hawaii (Kauai and the Big Island) 
    Australia
    Greece

If you're looking for something in the continental US I love Colorado (Estes Park and Durango are both gorgeous), New Mexico, and Maine.
    My dream is to go to Greece & Hawaii. I've also wanted to go to Egypt if it will ever be safe for me to go.

~EDD 03/10/14 ~ MMC 08/20/13 ~
         (discovered @ 11 weeks. Poppy measured 7 weeks)
     ~Married August 27, 2011~

k: My Ovulation Chart

~All Welcome~
    TTCAL February siggy challenge: Olympic Fails:

photo a1-daffodil-wallpaper-hd-2.jpg

• Options
    These are so awesome! I love the PIPs. You guys have given me lots to mull over.

DH keeps talking about Japan. It's always been his dream to go. Why couldn't his dream be to go somewhere tropical? Maybe be can compromise and go Europe. Halfway between those two worlds.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    alm288alm288 member
    edited November 2013
    hands down - MALDIVES!!!!! DH and I dream of our vacation there . . . a water bungalow with a glass floor :x  I live abroad and traveled around, but still want to go to Santorini (Greece), Hawaii, and someday a safari in Africa. 
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Options
    MyFirstRaspberry  - you are a lucky girl! 38 countries is quite impressive. One of my best friends is from South Africa. When she shows me pics, it's crazy. There are like random monkeys, giraffes, etc. in the pics. Very nice - it's on my list ;-)
  • Options
    alm288 said:

hands down - MALDIVES!!!!! DH and I dream of our vacation there . . . a water bungalow with a glass floor :x  I live abroad and traveled around, but still want to go to Santorini (Greece), Hawaii, and someday a safari in Africa. 

I just bought a 2014 calendar and there were 4 or 5 pictures from Maldives, it looks amazing there. We looked into price and sadly, it's extremely expensive to get there from the east coast! Looks like that might be on hold until our 10 year anniversary! Lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image  image

TTC #1 since January 2013

BFP #1: April 5, 2013; EDD December 11, 2013; Missed M/C May 15, 2013

BFP #2: February 17, 2014; EDD October 30, 2014; M/C March 15, 2014

BFP #3: August 1, 2014; EDD April 14, 2015 - Praying for our RAINBOW!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Fun!!! I like the idea of top 5 list. DH and I have our list of HOT vacations. Touristy and North American/touristy They are: St Martins and Curaçao for hot Italy and Greece for Tourist BC and NYC for NA Costa Rica was definitely one of my favourite places it has the option of relaxing beaches but also rainforest adventure. I also went to Dubai before and it's very cool and different as well! Have fun picking, planning and dreaming of a great spot for the two of you yo save for @poppy715

EDD 5/2/14, NMC 9/11/13
    EDD 10/15/14, CP 2/8/14

IF Diagnosis: PCOS, MFI 

Current Cycle: 5 mg Femara/1000mg Metformin + TI = BFP, EDD 4/23/15 Please be our RAINBOW

**ALL AL/IF Welcome**
    My Chart

• Options
    alm288 said:
    MyFirstRaspberry  - you are a lucky girl! 38 countries is quite impressive. One of my best friends is from South Africa. When she shows me pics, it's crazy. There are like random monkeys, giraffes, etc. in the pics. Very nice - it's on my list ;-)
    Thank you!  While touring around, we did come across wild baboons. Those little guys are smart! Keep your vehicle doors locked because they will try to open the door and look for food.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• Options
    Rafterk2 said:
    I just bought a 2014 calendar and there were 4 or 5 pictures from Maldives, it looks amazing there. We looked into price and sadly, it's extremely expensive to get there from the east coast! Looks like that might be on hold until our 10 year anniversary! Lol
    I know that's why we haven't been there either. When I look at pictures it makes me all giddy - it just looks like heaven!
  • Options
    kalynn12 said:
    Am I really limited to just five? Not sure if I can do that. -Canada - Rockies (Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper) or Quebec City and Montreal -Barbados -Costa Rica - must do arenal as well as beach area -Ireland including Northern Ireland -East coast of Australia -must must is the Whitsundays -Safari in Kenya and mountain gorilla tracking in Uganda Sorry it was too hard to remove one. PM me for more details on any of these and definitely before you book ;);)
    OMG! I LOVE Mt. Arenal in Costa Rica. Those hot springs were FABULOUS!!!!!
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• Options
    I don't know if I can narrow my list to just 5...let's see.

1) Hawaii- We went for our Honeymoon to Oahu and Maui (plus a day trip to the big Island) Oahu was for Pearl Harbor...you could always do a day trip there because that is a must see.  We did Oahu first and then Maui and I cried the day we left.  I want to go back to Maui and see Kauai.

2- Italy- I went when I was 10 years old for the summer with my grandparents.  They used to go every year.  My grandfather was born in Sicily and they would spend the summer with his family.  It was amazing.  This is a picture of the town he was born in.  His family had a summer home in farm country near by...amazing.

3- London BABY!!

4- Ireland-  Enough said

5- France

6- Germany

7- Bora Bora

8- Japan

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Options
    I got all excited about this thread bc DH and I JUST had the "we need to start a second savings for a big vacation" talk after I came across this on Groupon:

3-Night Iceland Vacation with Airfare (<<< click)

I don't love the cold, but I've always wanted to see the Northern Lights. And hubby is a big Game of Thrones fan and apparently they shot a lot of stuff in Iceland, so he's in lol. Maybe they'll offer the same vacation again someday. But this looks gorgeous, so I'm suggesting something outside the box!

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"