October 2013 Moms

Restless newborn

My almost two week old little guy seems to be getting into an odd sleep pattern from what we've previously seen. Generally he has been sleeping in three hour chunks with feedings in between and sometimes he stays awake for an hour or so in between sleep. Today he has been extremely restless during these periods of sleep and will wake after 30/40 minutes and want to nurse. After nursing for ten minutes I find that he is asleep again. And this cycle continues! We've also discovered that between midnight and three he is wide awake and fussy! Anyone sympathize with this pattern? Am I handling this alright?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Restless newborn

• Mine is 2 wks and a couple days, and all I know is as soon as I think we have a routine going, it changes. One day he sleeps like how you are describing in 3 hour chunks, the next day he's going along fine then has a 6 hour crying/fussy jag. No rhyme or reason to it. I'm chalking it up to being a newborn.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • No advice but mine does that too! His awake hours are 3-6 though. He has one good period of sleep from 6-10am which is nice. Momma needs a nap though!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Me too - with twins. Really hope they get back on schedule.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes here too. She'll nurse several times in a row before she finally settles for a chunk of time (between 1.5-3 hour stretches)
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"