Trouble TTC

Fed up :-(

Hi ladies, I'm new here so I hope I post this correctly. I thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm 22, married and have been TTC for a year. I have PCOS but I do ovulate on my own albeit erratically. We've done 2 Clomid cycles, and up until recently I was on Metformin to manage my PCOS but my RE took me off it due to digestive disruptions. My husband's sperm analysis came back perfect, and all my tests came back within healthy range too. Apart from insulin resistance due to PCOS.

I don't really have a question just wanted to say how much this whole process is wearing me down. I'm exhausted, and am so sick of negative tests and no doctor being able to help us..

Re: Fed up :-(

• Thank you! It's been really hard to find support because even after all this time we've told no one but a few super close friends we're TTC and even then they don't know the extent of it. So bottling it up is hard. That's why I rely on apps like these. I found great support on PregnancyBuzz but they're closing the app now :-(
  • Thanks ladies, it's apps like these that save my sanity! :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome.  I know all about Metformin messing with your stomach.  Have you talked to your RE about a lower dosage and extended release?  I was on 850 mg twice a day for years and suffered and hated every minute of it.  OBGYN said there were no other options... Saw an RE and found out there is a 750 mg and extended release tablet and it has made all the difference.  Ask your doc.  There is also Pregnitude - ask your RE about that too, it's not a pill but my RE said the studies show it has some great potential if one really does not want to be on Metformin their whole life. 

Best of luck here!
    Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• Welcome!  I hope your stay is short.  I feel for you, at your age you must get a ton of "you are still young, you have time".  That one always drives me nuts.  These girls are great, lots of knowledge and support. 
    Me: 33 - PCOS & Hypothyroidism DH: 35 - SA is good Married since 2010 (together since 2006) TTC since June 2009 (we knew we would have issues and wanted family right away after we got married). No pregnancies yet. May 2013 - started first round of Chlomid & ovidrel cycle.
  • Welcome!  I hope your stay is short.  I feel for you, at your age you must get a ton of "you are still young, you have time".  That one always drives me nuts.  These girls are great, lots of knowledge and support. 

I really really do! I get it so much. I usually turn it around and say 'well if I'm so young why is it so hard?!' I have found a GP and RE that do take me seriously so I'm sticking with them!

People can be really ignorant when it come to people with IF. I've heard 'worry about it later', 'why do you want kids now you've got your whole life ahead of you', and my personal favourite 'maybe you're just not meant to be a mother'. My BIL said that to me a few months ago and we no longer speak civilly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"