February 2014 Moms
Options

Dizziness

Kmward488Kmward488 member
edited October 2013 in February 2014 Moms
Do any of you have a problem with feeling very lightheaded when u stand still for more than 10 minutes? I'm a nurse and just started a new job on the floor as a Med surg nurse and so far both times I've worked, in the beginning of the shift, I've had to sit down bc I get so dizzy that I black out. I don't think it's my blood sugar bc last time I drank juice and literally poured sugar down my throat, but it kept happening. Is there anything any of you do that helps with this? Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: punctuation
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dizziness

• Options
    Maybe your bp is high? Dizziness is something I was told to watch for, having a somewhat high blood pressure.

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    This has started happening to me. I don't have any blood pressure problems. It happens when I'm doing dishes or sometimes when I'm cooking. I don't know if maybe it's just because of my anemia, but at least it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one it's happening to. I usually sit and put my legs up but I would like to hear other peoples suggestions too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You are definitely not the only one! My doctor said that its common and to try doing squats and move around if i feel dizzy and to make sure I eat and drink a lot!

• Options
    Normal! I've had that problem since first tri.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Same problem.. I'm also a nurse and it comes and goes all day.. My blood pressure along with my blood work is fine.. It stinks and just something we will have to deal with :-S
  • Options

Yes, I also worked on a Med Surg floor, and I had issues getting light-headed/ dizzy. I found that it usually occurred at change of shift during report ... I might have been locking my knees or something. We usually have bedside report, but if I needed to we could give report sitting down in the nurses station.

This is exactly when mine happened today! We were giving bedside reports and it happened! Hope yours gets better!

• Options
    Thank you all so much! You've made me feel a lot better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"