Breastfeeding

Toddler question

Does anyone else have a toddler that has to play with your nipple while nursing? It's really uncomfortable for me, not in a sexual way, kinda like tickling I don't like being touched cuz I'm very ticklish all over. I don't even like dh playing with my nipples for fourplay or arrousel. Any ideas on how to get him to stop. I've been thinking about getting a nursing necklace to distract him with. Has anyone had these work for them?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

BFP#1 DS 1/19/12  BFP#2 EDD 6/11/14 MC 10/9/12 BFP#3 EDD 10/3/14

Re: Toddler question

• DD used to twiddle my opposite nipple. I never found a way around it.  I found it sort of annoying, and then stopped noticing. 
  • Do you mean the one being eaten from or the opposite? If DS starts fiddling I take it as a sign he's full and take him off, if it upsets him and he wasn't finished he'll usually straighten up and eat when I pick him back up. I pretty much always wear nursing bras and keep the unused side covered up. I had major oversupply issues in the beginning though so I'm still paranoid of leaking.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • OkieMama said:

Do you mean the one being eaten from or the opposite? If DS starts fiddling I take it as a sign he's full and take him off, if it upsets him and he wasn't finished he'll usually straighten up and eat when I pick him back up. I pretty much always wear nursing bras and keep the unused side covered up. I had major oversupply issues in the beginning though so I'm still paranoid of leaking.

The opposite one he's eating from. The other side is always covered up when nursing him, he'll put his arm/hand under my shirt and he'll get really upset with me when I try to block him or move his hand. I try to ignore it but its like being tickled. It's like he does it for comfort or something.

• Have you tried holding his hand and kissing it or nibbling on his fingers? Mine likes to pinch or shove her fingers up my nose.  I'll take her free hand right away and play with it so she's entertained. She gets mad when I just try to hold her hand but if we're playing a little game, she'll go with it and leave my face and arms alone.   

• Ya I've done that during the day but when it's nap/bed time he thinks its playtime when I do that so then he won't go to sleep. So I usually have to suck I up and give in but that doesn't last too long.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"