March 2014 Moms
Options

What's on your Christmas list?

2»

Re: What's on your Christmas list?

• Options
    I'm asking my dad to get me and my H the package from best buy where you can put three computers on it and for a year get free service on them- clean them out. Ect. My H's laptop won't turn on and my computer desperately needs to be cleaned out ( it's so slow).

Other the. That I have no clue what I want.

My H bday is dec 4 th so I think for his bday/ Christmas gift he is getting a air compressor/ and finish nailer. Boys and their tools. However he would then have everything to do baseboards and install hardwood :)
  • Options
    kirotea said:
    I am telling my husband that I want an extra bowl for my kitchen aid mixer, heck anything else for it would be great also. I use that thing so much that an extra bowl would be heaven.
    We have an extra bowl for ours - its seriously the best thing ever. 

And if you don't already have one, I'd recommend a flour guard too (might be called a pouring shield). My mom always had one so that was the first "extra" I bought for mine. 

Thank you for the idea!!

I decided i do not want baby stuff.  Dh and I get gifts from our parents and from my brother and SIL (I've had to set a $50 limit on that).  My family has always been very big into gift giving and I love it.  Mostly because I give great, personalized gifts and I love seeing the joy from the recipients.

This year, I want some forever scarves, new canisters for my baking products (flour, sugar) and maybe a new wallet! (and now i want an extra bowl for my KA mixer!!)

Pregnancy Ticker imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    pepperedmothpepperedmoth member
    edited October 2013
    ceh789 said:
    I'm assuming you're asking because you don't want baby things?  I really don't *need* anything for me so I'm hoping for baby things :)

Here are a few things from my ongoing Amazon wish list (I keep it always as a place to store things that I kinda want but not right now)

This cherry pitter because it's cute.
    A board game - Dominion.
    An instant read meat thermometer (way more than $25, but maybe you could find one you like for less?)
    Also a few books I want to read but haven't gotten to.

@ceh789 --- hah, we have really similar tastes. A cherry pitter was on our wedding registry and we LOVE it (we're home canners). I want a set of convertible circular knitting needles. That cast iron press is AMAZING. I'm into Dominion (well, I've played it and enjoy it). I could use both a meat thermometer and a yarn keeper, but usually I just shove my yarn in my handbag and cut into the meat to see if it's done . . . 

ETA: What books? How much of secret twins are we?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kirotea said:
    I am telling my husband that I want an extra bowl for my kitchen aid mixer, heck anything else for it would be great also. I use that thing so much that an extra bowl would be heaven.
    We have an extra bowl for ours - its seriously the best thing ever. 

And if you don't already have one, I'd recommend a flour guard too (might be called a pouring shield). My mom always had one so that was the first "extra" I bought for mine. 
    I have the shield it came with my mixer. I really really need/want the extra bowl. I can't make my mind up what other stuff I should get for it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    My family is pretty low-key about Christmas. We ask each other what we want, but . . . we're chill. We spend maybe $20--$50 on each other in years we can afford it, and less in other years. Like $5 or so. Sometimes we splurge for a Big Thing. 

I'm trying to collect enough of this china for place settings for four, and I hope my husband will buy me a plate (I ask every Christmas and birthday). That'd be nice, and it's my only real ask. He'll also probably buy me a box of chocolates from these folks, because he does every year! I'm planning to go outside our usual spending range on MH's present and get him something like this weather station. He had his grampa's beautiful old barometer for years until our cat knocked it off the shelf and broke it irreparably. 

My dad likes it if I suggest a book title I want. Of course I tend to buy most of my books myself but we LOVE buying books for each other so this is sort of a tradition. I'll probably ask for a copy of Annie Dillard's The Writing Life and a surprise. I always like when he picks for me because he has good taste but never picks things I'd have chosen on my own. I do the same for him --- he gives me an idea, and I get the idea and a surprise. 

Everyone tends to get each other alcohol. One year, totally without co-ordinating it, MH bought me and my dad a bottle of scotch each, I bought MH and my dad a bottle of scotch each, my dad bought me and MH a bottle of scotch each, and everyone gave my mother red wine. It was AMAZING. We had a great Christmas dinner. Probably I will get less alcohol this year. :((

My mom and sisters and I all buy each other small, fun things --- earrings, socks, books, chocolate, scented soaps, etc. Oh, and wine, as above. My friends and I all get each other books, nice alcohol, or small handmade items like a knitted scarf or pottery plate. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are asking DH's family for a small chest freezer. That should make it easier on them as they never know what to get me and we have WAY different taste in most things. I asked my family for a bigger crock-pot (freezer/crock-pot meals, here we come!). My mom really wants to take me maternity clothes shopping too, which will be much needed. With the twins I'm already close to outgrowing all of my maternity clothes from DS! Eek!

I have a feeling both families may buy things for the babies, so we will have a little registry set up if they go that direction.

I have no idea what to ask DH for. We will probably do small things for each other and budget more for work around the house and baby things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"