Infertility

Progesterone

I am HATING these suppositories. They are gross and messy. I feel so unattractive. And to make matters worse they are irritating me- big time. Just needed to vent .
  • Iui 1: bfn
  • IUI 2with clomid: bfn
  • Iui 3 & 4 with clomid (same cycle) :BFP! but turned into an ectopic pregnancy. Bled for 3 months 
  • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
  • October- IVF with ICSI  ER 10/27, 7 retrieved, 5 mature, 5 fertlized
    ET  11/1 transferred 2 froze 2
    BFP!!!!! on 11/11

Re: Progesterone

• I am sorry.. I hate them too.. they also make me a raging b*itch so my husband equally hates them.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• How many times a day do you do suppositories?  I do them at night and it hasn't been too bad.  I also do PIO and overall it hasn't been too bad.  My shot last night has left me a little sore...

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • I do two at night and one in the morning. Im too scared to do the shots
    • Iui 3 & 4 with clomid (same cycle) :BFP! but turned into an ectopic pregnancy. Bled for 3 months 
    • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
      BFP!!!!! on 11/11

• I was actually thinking last night that I would rather do suppos. Ive done both and PIO is just so painful! Some nights I can't roll to one side because it hurts so much. Hang in there!

TTC #1 since Feb. 2011/Me 30, DH 37

Unexplained

Nov. 2012-IUI #1-Femara 2.5 mg, Ovidrel=BFN

Jan. 2013-IUI #2-Femara 2.5 mg, Ovidrel, 1 follie=BFN

Feb. 2013-IUI #3-Clomid 50 mg on CD5 only, 2 follies=BFN

IVF#1 (4/13)-19 retrieved, 18 mature, 16 fertilized w/ ICSI=lucky #7 frosties

ET cancelled due to OHSS

FET #1 June 2013/transferred 2=Chemical

FET #2 August 2013/transferred 2=Chemical

FET #3 October 2013=BFN

IVF#2 (2/14)-17 retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized w/ ICSI, 3 blasts, PGS= all 3 abnormal

IVF#3 (5/14)-13 retrieved, 11 mature, 9 fertilized w/ ICSI, 2 blasts, PGS=both abnormal

IVF#4 (8/14)-5-day transfer of 2 embies=BFP! (8/28/14) beta 99

U/S #1 (6 wks, 2 days)=1 bean, U/S#2 (8 weeks, 2 days)=180 HB, U/S #3 (10 weeks)=measuring 10 wks, 2 days

• I have done the sups on prior cycle and I hate the mess!! And to make matters worse they made me super itchy. I'm on PIO at the mo and I rather get pinched than go to the sups again.
    *Losses mentioned*
    Me: 34 DH:32
    TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    HSG = tubes clear, bicornuate or septate ute; MRI= severe arcuate uterus no septum seen 
    SA #1 low count, low morph;  SA#2 4% Morph, count OK  SA#3 july 2014= NORMAL!!!
    9/2013  IUI#1 w/Clomid 100mg = over response; cycle converted to cryoocyte IVF
    IVF #1: 9/15 ER= 9 mature eggs, all eggs made it thru vitrification
    10/23 ICSI 6 fertilized; 10/28 5dt of two morulas. Hold on to me babies, stick, stick, stick!!
    11/6 BFP EDD 7/14/14 Beta #1= 18; 11/9 Beta #2= 44.8; 11/12 Beta #3= 7 = Early loss @4w6d. No frosties
    Feb 2014 Hysterscopy = no septum seen ute all clear in the inside
     IUI #1.1 4/2/14 Beta on 4/16 BFN
    Thinking about IUI #2  RE advised to try 3?????
    Natural cycle surprise BFP 8/3/14 EDD 4/11/15  beta#1(8/5/14)=35 Beta#2(8/8/14)=22  CP/Early loss@5w
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ugh!! Glad to hear some of you going through the same thing!! So yucky...mine are three times a day, super gross and yes, they make me itchy too! I actually have some abdominal pain too, can't think that is still from the retrieval which was on Tues.
  • I hate them as well!!! I'm on crinone gel and every other day I have clean out my vag bc of excess build up!!!!! Tmi I know but it's soooooo annoying
    Me--29 PCOS/Endo ( laproscopy for uterine septum) DH--32 cancer survivor, low motility, boys are on ice TTC since 2011 4 failed IUI attempts with clomid 1st IVF September gonal f, menopur, ganarelix ER 10/11/13 13 follies, 9 embies!!!! FET 10/16/13 1 grade A embie transferred... 8 snow babies First beta 10/25/13--166 2nd beta 10/28/13--633!!! Fx for healthy 9 months!! EDD 07/04/14
  • tigger99 said:
    Sorry:( it is all for a good cause! If it makes you feel better i have smurf vag from my estrace that i have to shove up there 3x a day! Now that would be a halloween costume! ;)
    Lol! I am smurfing it up also 2x day w/progesterone 3x. I feel like all I do these days is go to the bathroom to shove more up or change the liner:(
    Started ttc may 2012 Me:32. Dh:31 SA- 4% morphology Fsh:9.1 possibly not always ovulating Hysteroscopy/lLap 7/13 resulted in polyp removal, uterine septum, and mild endo stage 1 removed 10/13 IVF #1 successful 
    BabyFruit Ticker}

• i understand the itch!
    Could  a tampon be worn after them?  just to not have all the mess
    • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
      BFP!!!!! on 11/11

• @Smals - Love the idea, but! I was told by RE that b/c they are so absorbent, tampons will draw out all of the active ingredients/meds before my body is able to absorb them. So I wouldn't suggest it.

I started with Endometrin tablet - yuck yuck. Went to Crinone gel & the situation improved a lil bit (at least it's not so chunky) but the only other option is PIO, right? And I just can't find the courage to stick myself in the butt with a needle (lol, neither can DH). Just thinking of it makes me cringe. I'll totally go there if my RE tells me I need it to get my BFP, but he hasn't yet, and until then, I'm just skipping Vicky C for the cheap undies! :-D 
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cachoque said:
    @Smals - Love the idea, but! I was told by RE that b/c they are so absorbent, tampons will draw out all of the active ingredients/meds before my body is able to absorb them. So I wouldn't suggest it.

I started with Endometrin tablet - yuck yuck. Went to Crinone gel & the situation improved a lil bit (at least it's not so chunky) but the only other option is PIO, right? And I just can't find the courage to stick myself in the butt with a needle (lol, neither can DH). Just thinking of it makes me cringe. I'll totally go there if my RE tells me I need it to get my BFP, but he hasn't yet, and until then, I'm just skipping Vicky C for the cheap undies! :-D 

Maybe I'll ask to switch to the crinone on Monday. Sometimes I think that more comes out of me than actually stays in me
    • IUI 5 with clomid BFN  
      BFP!!!!! on 11/11

• Ugh, I agree, these are the worst.  I have to do Crinone twice a day and the blue Estrace twice a day and it is so gross.  I actually called my nurse today b/c everything is so chunky (sorry, that's probably TMI) and they said that my body was still able to absorb what it needs and I basically just have to deal with it.  It makes me itch too!  And I do the PIO shots at night.  Yuck!!
    Me 32/DH 36
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 6/12
    TTC since 8/12
    HSG/MRI in 2/13 showed unicornuate uterus
    Depot Lupron 3/13-7/13
    IVF#1 8/13; 3 embryos frozen
    FET #1 10/13 BFN
    Moving on to GC w/ transfer hopefully Summer '14
    IVF #2 3/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards