Spotting between ovulation and period — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Spotting between ovulation and period

Melisssaarielle says
My husband and I have been trying for about 9 months now. Ever since we started, I have been getting spotting between my ovulation and period. Some months the spotting has lasted two weeks until my period started. Usually anywhere from 3 to 14 days before my period. It starts very light pink and then turns to brown/dark brown. My period also have been very abnormal. Before I was on a 28/29 day cycle and ever since we started trying it usually 31-32 days. We stopped trying for a month and I didn't have any spotting and my period came at its regular time (28 days) then we started again.. Back to spotting again and abnormal period.

I went to the doctor and got a pap and blood test and she said everything seemed to look fine and that was it.
(Btw, I'm 26 years old, trying for my first baby)

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Re: Spotting between ovulation and period

• I had that going on and it's not too abnormal.  It could be that you have low progesterone, or it could mean nothing.  And every few years, the length of my cycle would change. 

With your age, you don't have to worry much until you hit the one year mark of TTC.  Then you can go to an RE and get testing done to see if anything looks off.  You can get some of the testing with an OB, but an RE specializes in fertility issues - plus neither will normally test you until you hit the one year mark.  I got blood work tested at 9 months, but I had to wait until one year mark to do the rest.

But hopefully, you don't get to a one year mark.  Good luck!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards